Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a maverick max (non x3) will a full size car battery fit in the stock location? I don't want to do a 2 battery setup, but my stereo system needs to be able to draw more power and the stock battery is trash for that. is there a battery that will fit the location in the Maverick Max, or am I screwed? thank you

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I would opt for a Odyssey PC1200. It fits in the space. You need to come up with a way to strap in in. There is a company that sells a strap for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
off the top of your head do you know the power output difference from stock? I just want to make sure it puts out enough power to help with the electronics and stereo needs. also, from what I see online the pc1200 is too big for my maverick max (not x3)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a maverick max (non x3) will a full size car battery fit in the stock location? I don't want to do a 2 battery setup, but my stereo system needs to be able to draw more power and the stock battery is trash for that. is there a battery that will fit the location in the Maverick Max, or am I screwed? thank you
I was in your same predicament and finally bit the bullet and put a battery under my driver seat (14 max) and just said yesterday I now don’t regret it one bit and upset I didn’t do it sooner I tried to find a battery that would fit stock location and really didn’t want to heavily modify the stock location

·
Registered
88 Posts
What battery did you use ? I’m going to do the same.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just mounted a Odyssey 925 under my driver seat. I used a True battery isolator with my new odyssey as primary with only my winch added to this circuit. I mounted the isolator next to the OEM battery. The OEM battery powers the Mayhem Roof system and fan over ride and 2 light bars. I’m using a dual led volt meter that’s mounted above my right knee area on the dash. I used a switch on the ground so I could power off the meter. I’m using a 5 pin bus bar connected to the True isolator secondary post. This gives me room for connection of the accessories and naturally it’s connected to the OEM battery. My concern mounting under the seat was heat. I feel the heat sink I used is sufficient and my header pipe is wrapped. I have it under my left butt cheek side. I was glad I added a dual led voltmeter for 15 bucks. It has to be switched on the neg ground or it will stay on and slowly drain that overly expensive Odyssey. It lets you monitor you voltage consumption and what surprised me was the voltage drop when the fan over ride was switched on. Almost a 1 volt drop. My amped Mayhem Roof system was less. Well the completed dual battery system was 230 bucks. After the first hard ride I was pissed the slow roll was still there but the power of the Odyssey keeps the slow roll with constant starting power that no jumper cables were needed. I’m confident after a 50 plus mile run with frequent stops this battery issue is solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts