Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTHING IS WORSE THAN HAVING A WEEKEND GET CUT SHORT WHEN THAT ROCK OR TREE STUMP RIPS THE STOCK SKID PLATE OFF OR PUTS A HUGE HOLE IN THE TRANSMISSION. THATS WHY ALL OF OUR PERSONAL MACHINES RUN OUR 3/8" THICK UHMW SKID PLATES. THESE SKID PLATES ARE A DIRECT BOLT ON REPLACEMENT TO THE OEM SKIDPLATE AND PROVIDES ADDITIONAL COVERAGE FRONT, REAR AND ON THE SIDES OF THE FRAME AS WELL. NO MORE TRAILS GETTING THE BEST OF YOUR MACHINE BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT PROTECTED BEFORE HAND. INCLUDES 4 UHMW PRE CUT & BENT PIECES AS WELL AS ALL HARDWARE NEEDED FOR THE INSTALLATION.

$599.95

link: UTV INC CAN AM MAVERICK MAX 3/8" UHMW UNDER BODY SKID PLATE PROTECTION

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quick shipping...received my skid plates in just a few days. Nice product...makes the OEM plates look like junk. All the necessary hardware was included and installation was pretty quick and easy.

Couple things I did notice though:
1. The mounting location for the two most forward outer holes (the ones directly behind the front tires) probably need to be set back at least an inch further from the current location. Reason being is that the metal frame is starting to make an upward bend right where the mount screw is trying to screw into. I had to put a pretty good angle on the screw to get it into the metal framework. I also installed another mount screw a few inches behind the forward one just to make sure that forward area was extra secure.

2. I think the "pre bends" of the skidplate needs to be a little bit more pre bent for it to fit just right. There is quite a bit of pressure on the outer screws just to hold the side areas of the skidplate in place.

3. Also, those two rows of small holes that provide some cooling air for the forward exhaust pipe. I think those should come predrilled. Those are kind of a bitch to drill after the fact without removing the exhaust and drilling them from the inside out to make sure they are lined up. As for all the other access/drainage/vent openings...those can be drilled/cut as desired by the customer using the OEM skidplates as a template...which is pretty easy.

4. Lastly, the hardware provided isn't galvanized or stainless...I noticed today it's all corroded and rusty looking already. Looks like I'll have to shell out some more cash to get the good stuff that should have been included to begin with... :-/

Reactions: UTV Inc

·
Official Site Vendor
724 Posts
NOTHING IS WORSE THAN HAVING A WEEKEND GET CUT SHORT WHEN THAT ROCK OR TREE STUMP RIPS THE STOCK SKID PLATE OFF OR PUTS A HUGE HOLE IN THE TRANSMISSION. THATS WHY ALL OF OUR PERSONAL MACHINES RUN OUR 3/8" THICK UHMW SKID PLATES. THESE SKID PLATES ARE A DIRECT BOLT ON REPLACEMENT TO THE OEM SKIDPLATE AND PROVIDES ADDITIONAL COVERAGE FRONT, REAR AND ON THE SIDES OF THE FRAME AS WELL. NO MORE TRAILS GETTING THE BEST OF YOUR MACHINE BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT PROTECTED BEFORE HAND. INCLUDES 4 UHMW PRE CUT & BENT PIECES AS WELL AS ALL HARDWARE NEEDED FOR THE INSTALLATION.

$599.95

·
Registered
223 Posts
Props on this product. I have the full skid and A-arm guards on my Max and it's great, with one small exception. The supplied A-arm mounting clamps bend very easily and will allow the guard to fall off the A-arm. I lost one on a trail and had to go back to find it. Easy solution is to use a stainless cushioned band clamp instead. Overall very good fitment and super tough.

·
Official Site Vendor
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

$599.95

·
Official Site Vendor
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

$599.95

1 - 20 of 48 Posts