Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Maverick May 21,2013 picked it up on the way out to where we ride(mud Muckers)
When I got there boy o boy my buddies didn't shut up,telling me I made a mistake I should have gotten a poopoo
Until they drove it race after race that weekend the maverick did not get beat but we were racing poopoo with a lot of aftermarket stuff weighed down ya know. That weekend there were only me n one more guy out there with mavericks n it's a big place with a lot of people. 11,000 acres. Well since then more n more mavericks have shown up there each time we go. This weekend there were Maxs, white n red ones, big ones with Turbos, They were everywhere!!! When I went to rinse my maverick off theyre were 5 up there waiting with me. It's A Beatuiful Thing Guys. I could not believe how many we're out there n all the maverick guys were waving at each other pulling over talking about what they have done to there machines it was like a true brotherhood. You know it was just nice to see the growth in only 3.5 months. Lets see what happens once the East coast gets those xp1000s.....

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Agree totally. Every ride I see more and more. I ran into a few forum members at mud jam an it's nice to put faces on the people who you talk to for months! The maverick is a great, well engineered sxs. People are finally figuring that out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Agree totally. Every ride I see more and more. I ran into a few forum members at mud jam an it's nice to put faces on the people who you talk to for months! The maverick is a great, well engineered sxs. People are finally figuring that out.

Not so many of them around here mainly because the big dealership in town is Polaris and people just buy what they sell like lemmings! I will say that lots of Polaris folks have stopped to look at the Maverick and always had nice things to say about it.....the funniest thing yet was I was on a trail and came flying up on a Polaris RZR 570 and man that thing looked like a little clown car compared to the Mavrick. I saw the folks driving it at the parking lot later in the day and they were awe struck by it. I think they may be going to have a look at the Can Am offerings now :smile:

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
This is great news!!!!! I hope canam makes a 50inch maverick and takes over the sxs market in the next 5 years like they did with the atvs

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I wouldn't count on them coming out with a smaller one...but you never know!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I bought my Maverick last Dec 2012 and when I took it out for the first trip on Christmas to New years, there was only one other Maverick out at Superstition and it was Glamisfan. Presidents Day at Glamis there were a few more inlcuding Megadesertdiesel & Glamisfan. So I am expecting to see alot more of them this coming desert season.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I dont see too many at all when I ride but thats ok with me. People are just so addicted to the kool aid from the competition they just cant accept the fact of considering something else. I saw alot of commanders at Brimstone when I went there, always see alot of xp's wherever you go. It just surprises me cause can ams are just so comfortable and tons of room in them. People just dont know what they are missing. I love my Maverick.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
People are just so addicted to the kool aid from the competition they just cant accept the fact of considering something else.

Thats because there are alot more followers in the world than there are people willing to step in a different direction. Most people are like sheep,they just want to follow the crowd. However, I'm not one of those people because I have the ability to think and use reasoning skills.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Over 50% of all sxs sold are 50inch Rzrs Canam would be crazy not to
I don't doubt that but since they have had the Commander for several years now and haven't released an ATV trail friendly version, I doubt they would do that with the Maverick.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Reviews like this one on the new xp1000 dont help their sales any.

My dissapointing first ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went for about a 40 mile first ride yesterday and come away not so happy.

First problem, the XP1 does not have any extra leg room for your left leg. They moved the body back and brought it to a point where the door latches. My left knee hits that point over every bump. I only made it a half hour before I had to take my door off so I could rest my knee outside of the car. My Right knee hits the cell phone holder / center box. How could Polaris extend the wheel base 8" and not increase the leg / knee room is beside me! Yes they did extend the distance to the gas pedal for what it's worth. I'm only 6'.

The power and throttle response didn't seem to impressive. It didn't seem as snappy as the 900, but I'm hoping the proper clutch weights will help with that. I was riding at 7000' and I was also breaking it in. So the verdict is still out on power.

The ride was too firm. This could soften up as the machine breaks in so the verdict is also still out on this one.

Rattles and noise: I don't remember my 900 sounding like this.

The seat has no lower lumbar support and the bolstering is kind of bothersome on my shoulders. The seating position is a little to upright. I realize these are personal preferences.

I realize the XP is the only game in town, but I expected better for the $22K. I feel kind of cheated.

I did experience some good things. The muffler is a little quieter than the 900. I really like this and think it helps our sport. I also think that it's probably the best looking side by side out there.

In the end I will enjoy this side by side like all the others and hope I was just having a bad day.

I couldnt imagine spending over 22 grand and feeling this way. The new xp has been a flop for sure.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
More & more in the Carolinas. Dosent suprise me, people see quality and BRP is just a little more advanced than the other brands. They are setting the benchmark for all others to follow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts