Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fuel pressure do the mavericks run? Im building one for bitd and koh, so i will be putting a fuel cell in and want to run two external pumps just need to find what regulater would work best and were to set the pressure

·
Registered
528 Posts
they run 51 psi from the stock pump and what you will need to run if you go aftermarket pump. I have ways to run either a external pump (Aeroquipe etc with a fuel pressure regulator etc) which is what we run on our Commander or how we on our Maverick we used the factory pump internally in our Jax fuel cell (with an adapter made by a local friend of mine) that eliminated having to buy another fuel pump and regulator, still allows you to use your fuel gauge and in the tank which will help eliminate the dreaded vapor lock that most if not ALL the desert race guys running external pump have...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks thats the info i was lookin for.
What made you go external on yur commander?
How are the factory units holding up as far as reliability?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks thats the info i was lookin for.
What made you go external on yur commander?
How are the factory units holding up as far as reliability?
We had the external on the Commander because that's how I saw a lot of others doing it...it works and is reliable...but a very expensive option (pump 300-500 and then a regulator 100-150) we decided go internal for all the reasons stated earlier.. we had the pump...no regulator to replace or go out...sits in the tank now so runs cooler..we can use the existing float on the pump...etc etc.. bottom line we are just more experienced now.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Im a fan of internal pumps with walbro pickups. They run much cooler and seem to last longer if everything is plumbed correctly. Its what we put in every fuel system we build but they generally end up in Jeeps and racers. You can still run a back up pump plumbed in on a different leg as most of the pumps wont allow them to back feed. Whenever the pump goes bad you can move a hot wire or wire them into a relay and switch between them so there's minimal down time. Running a gauge off the regulator to the dash is a nice thing as well to ensure everything is running properly. You're probably going to have $1k in it to make it good and reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts