Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new here and waiting on a new maverick. I do have one concern.....I looked at one sold yesterday and the only problem I saw was no fan shrouds. The radiator looks very vulnerable to overheating from mud. Is that something to be concerned about. Usually no shrouds mean overheating like the commanders did.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I know it's goin to be a problem, but so far I've been in some really nasty stuff without overheating. As soon as I can I always wash the rad out

·
Registered
998 Posts
Welcome aboard t-bone.. I'll not give you hard like we do on wvsxsriders lol

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
If mud blocks ur rad it will over heat with a fan shroud. After 4 trips to glamis running it hard no prb so far

·
Registered
853 Posts
Welcome to the best forum out of all of them:) No issues overheating so far however I have only been out when it's cold.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
While hard riding in the desert and dunes, mine has only went up to 5 bars. I think 8 bars is the max on the gauge. However, I was told by a Can-Am rep that it will automatically go into limp mode before it will over heat. So it wont hurt itself like blowing ahead gasket.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
A easy option depending on tools and skill is to move the radiator to the rear. I'm not a mud guy but mine will be going to the rear for sure.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
A easy option depending on tools and skill is to move the radiator to the rear. I'm not a mud guy but mine will be going to the rear for sure.
Certainly a must for racer's!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts