Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
the only key that will limit the speed is the grey key. limits throttle and engine perf. the black key is balls to the wall .

·
Registered
424 Posts
the only key that will limit the speed is the grey key. limits throttle and engine perf. the black key is balls to the wall .
Not true. The dealership can program any color key to act as any key. Meaning a black key could be a "normal" key or a "work" key. I have mine set up as an orange key programmed as a performance key. Just so I don't get it mixed up with customers

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya I had the dealer program my grey as a full mode performance key to ! what good is a spare if it aint full mode :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not true. The dealership can program any color key to act as any key. Meaning a black key could be a "normal" key or a "work" key. I have mine set up as an orange key programmed as a performance key. Just so I don't get it mixed up with customers
my bad i forgot to mention the dealer being able to do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks everyone. im taking it back today. WAY too much money for these kinds of issues. if ANYONE hears of the break in chip directly from BRP PLEASE contact me asap! abrant14 @gmail.com!

p.s. 1000 acres of private riding in Milan Michigan if anyone is near by your welcome to come play!!!!!
Wow 1000 acres for real? I'm in Saginaw about 2 hours north of Milan. When you get your Mav sorted out I might have to stop down. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am having the same engine hesitation under power intermittently in sand washes in the desert. I can not duplicate problem on the street. dealer has checked PER BRP FACTORY REP the clutch, fuel pressure,fault codes (none) etc. Now they want dlr to check w/ fuel hooked up under power and check codes . Have you solved your issues or has anyone figured this out? I think it has something to do w/ electronic control mod. BRP wil not yet try to replace until they rule out everything else. 2014 Maverick Max 11 hrs. Any feedback would be great!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It kinda sounds like you are describing the shaft saver kicking in.
Yep, that's my hunch.....you may also have a flaky speed sensor or you could be hitting the rev limiter. Hard to tell without experiencing it for myself.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My .5 cents find better dealer mine still under 10 hour mark goes 76 mph with 500 lbs of body in it

I would have to agree the key is not programmed correctly

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
been waiting to hear outcome as well...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey TBT... What surface are you running on to get that speed? Gravel, sand, etc.? Also, what altitude are you running at? Grave at sea level is gonna be different than sand @ 4000'... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
BRP and the DEALER found the intermittent hesitation problem after 6 months of misery on my Max . It threw a speed sensor code that was readable with updated laptop software from BRP TECH. They replaced the speed sensor and it worked! Thanks to all, San Diego Max

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2014 and my dealer says that some of the machines now have a chip that after the ten hour break in period a service light comes on. When that light is reset some machines will have higher rev limits. I'm going to check it out. I only know that my low range rev limit is 7,000 rpm. Not sure of my high limit cause I don't have enough room to find out. Also, somewhere I read about the dealer being able to change my low speed key to a performance key. My dealer says he can, but needs the machine to program it and it will cost $24. I thought I read where they just changed something on the key to match the performance key. But I guess I'm asking here, cause I don't trust my dealer. Anybody had their low speed key changed to Performance?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have a 2014 and my dealer says that some of the machines now have a chip that after the ten hour break in period a service light comes on. When that light is reset some machines will have higher rev limits. I'm going to check it out. I only know that my low range rev limit is 7,000 rpm. Not sure of my high limit cause I don't have enough room to find out. Also, somewhere I read about the dealer being able to change my low speed key to a performance key. My dealer says he can, but needs the machine to program it and it will cost $24. I thought I read where they just changed something on the key to match the performance key. But I guess I'm asking here, cause I don't trust my dealer. Anybody had their low speed key changed to Performance?
No, they need the key and the vehicle. It is the same as reprogramming a new key for you. I think it is crappy they want to charge you though.....my dealer did mine for free...

·
Registered
44 Posts
No, they need the key and the vehicle. It is the same as reprogramming a new key for you. I think it is crappy they want to charge you though.....my dealer did mine for free...
OK, Thanks man. Yeah, I'm ok with the charge I didn't buy my machine there, but I am going to try them for service work. I got a better deal than they are offering NOW from another dealership; BACK last September. And it more than paid me to go 4 hours away to get the machine. So they have a ways to go yet before I will trust them.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts