Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Machine quit in middle of nowhere after Trailered it to ride trails for 2.5 hours. Turns out voltage regulator went bad. Luckily it was under warranty and they were kind enough to put new battery in as well. It has 350 miles on it. Im also reading about all these clutch issues and will likely get one of those for another 800 bucks! I saved up for a utv for two years man, spend 18k on a toy and I hold my breath everytime I ride it. Might be my last BRP machine unless this luck turns around fast. Oh and for no reason my seat is ripping too.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
So you had a voltage regulator go bad and because of that you might not buy another brp machine? Really? If thats the case I wouldnt buy anything else at all so you dont have to hold your breath cause shit breaks, all of it no matter what brand it is.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
There are many many people that are running the stock clutch that havent had any problems so you dont "need" to. Id venture to say that most folks that have replaced theirs have done so even without having an issue yet with the stocker.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
what's wrong with the clutch ? :)

and u sir out of 3000 mavericks are the 1st to have this problem , so NO BIGGIE ! :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There are many many people that are running the stock clutch that havent had any problems so you dont "need" to. Id venture to say that most folks that have replaced theirs have done so even without having an issue yet with the stocker.
I am one of those.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
and u sir out of 3000 mavericks are the 1st to have this problem , so NO BIGGIE ! :)
If it happened to him it is a biggie, just like if it happened to you.
May not be a concern for the rest of us

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im just sorta in the moment of being frustrated. These are a lot of coin for me. I then spent few hundred on gas, grabbed my dad who never goes and take him 2.5 hours and break down. I know they all have issues and I'll get over it. But if this happens a few more times I might just be getting back into quads. I def enjoy the hell out of it when it runs lol. Guess I was just releasing some anger... Appreciate the replies.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, it should be street legal tomorrow. So that was not cheap either. Hopefully I dont get bothered by cops to much.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I own 3 skidoo snowmobiles. 2000 mxz700, 2006 renegade 800 and a 2009 renegade 800. All have been very reliable. My mxz700 has 7500 trouble free miles. I have to admit that even I am a bit disappointed based on my snowmobiles. BRP manufacture the best sleds. So far I have 2 torn seats and 1 of my shocks was rubbing against the spring because the spring was not seated correctly in the cup.

Read about all the Polaris issues and you will think your issues are nothing compared to the XP.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I suppose once BRP has made these as long as quads/sleds they will be very reliable. One part of my brain says its first model, the other says, well you spent 18k and they did have commander to learn from. I'll just gradually replace weak parts of machine to offset mistakes.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
If it happened to him it is a biggie, just like if it happened to you.
May not be a concern for the rest of us
I might be mad but wouldn't say im not buying a brp again lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is saying that like the ultimate swear word? I said "might not" and I had a brief moment of being angry...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had my coil go bad while visiting St.Anthony. Went out the first day there. Caused the front cylinder to run lean(according to the dealer). Smoked my front cylinder. Couldn't wait to have it fixed under warranty, as i was Only there for 3 days. came up from florida. Had to trade it in for a new one. Boy did that cost me. At least I had fun !! image.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
warranty didn't cover the motor ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
My clutch it shit to so it is a biggie along with many others and on top of that my CV joints ungreased from factory read the forum before you say its not a big deal people been dealing with clutch issues since they came out

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hes talking about the voltage regulator dude.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts