Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See Hero to Zero Thread. Don't know how it got started there. Someone who knows what there dong
should start a new thread. Were everyone starting to have this problem can put their stories together.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Not even worth complimenting on..the clutch wasnt torqued properly.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
absolutely agree. i know way to many people who ride these mavericks like they stole them with no problems. every now and then it happens in all brands, things dont get down right on a few machines.

Not even worth complimenting on..the clutch wasnt torqued properly.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
It sounds like more than a few and was going on before Maverick. Same bolt.
I have a commander for over 2.5 years and yes a few of them had the issue... a few. The dealers and factory assemblers got there act together and prb resolved.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah, I agree that only.. A Few..had this problem and not nearly as many as someone is making it out to be. People including me where changing our clutches but, only because of the noise they made and because yes it couldn't handle very much without wanting to slip your belt. Why, because yes, the clutch sheaves were not locked together just like on the mavericks. But know one was running out and changing there clutch because of the primary bolt failing. Just my .02

If it can't play, it can't stay!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure there are people that don't know about this site. My dealer sold three Mavericks to us and I am the only one this has happened to
so far. I would not have known this had happen to anyone else if my friend had not been reading the other thread (Engine and Drivetrain) (Hero to Zero) were other people are reporting the same problem. We all broke them in together. Driving the same. (age of drivers 68 to 72, less the lady) It was not radical driving.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I know that it might if been a sales pitch but, just like the guy at QSC said when talking to him about a primary. " If 5000 units are out to the public and 50 units have the issue, its not really anything to worry about. But if 500 units are out and 10 or 20 of them have the issue, then its a problem" . I just said to hell with it and ordered a primary from Airdam. Id rather have the piece of mind instead of worrying about it when I romp on them 30" monsters ...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess we will learn more as they get out to the rest of the USA. That and the arrival of warm weather to those of you that
are not enjoying it at this time.
On a down note I have not heard of any parts or fix for mine. Dealer in Banning CA.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Latest on the clutch. CanAm said they are building a new clutch instead of sending parts. Should be here around the end of this week and installed by next.
Do not know if they have done anything to stop the bolt from tightening to the point of shearing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a maverick had the same problem with only 10.5 hrs on it. Very disappointed, mine has been at dealer for three weeks. I talked to them today they said their waiting on parts. I'm thinking now I should have bought a rzr but who knows. :furious:

·
Registered
711 Posts
nah... once you get yours fixed up, it'll give you a woody again. the maverick is SOOO much faster than a RZR and is SOOOO much nicer in every way. sometimes there are hiccups to get thru with a new machine. just wait it out to be sorted out. you're ahead of the game, you gotta machine that no stock RZR can touch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Airdam can you shoot me a pm on clutch set up primary and secondary price im go n to run 29.5 outlaws snorkeled and ron woods exhaust

1 - 20 of 23 Posts