Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2013 mav however the clutch seems to be a little weird. It will shift into gear but takes a good punch on the throttle for the wheels to actually move. Then reluctant to slide out of gear. Any ideas? Don't wanna have to buy a whole new clutch setup :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
711 Posts
i apologize. i obviously mis-read your first few statements. i thought you bought a used clutch. but you actually bought a used maverick.

what machine did you come from? hopping on a can-am if all you have ever ridden is rhinos or hondas seems alot different. on a can-am you have an engagement RPM. the clutch will not engage untill you reach that engagement RPM. on a wet clutch style machine like a honda or a yamaha, as soon as you give it gas it goes. the can-am does not act like this. you have to give it a little gas to make the clutch engage. and when it engages it WILL make a "clunk" noise and almost jerk you to get you going. its just the style clutch that is used on all can-ams.

if the machine is modified, and has a clutch kit in it, it may stall up to an even higher RPM than stock.

your idle is typically 1200-1300. and it takes around 1900-2000 RPM for the clutch to engage before it will start to turn the tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay that makes sense. Any way to get like that "wet clutch" feel

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Okay that makes sense. Any way to get like that "wet clutch" feel

what RPM does ur machine start to take off at ? lets make sure thats the problem 1st , but sounds like its it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts