Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an update you guys, have you had your clutch fixed by the dealer under warranty with a new bolt and the 10 washers. If you have has anyone had it break again, if it did?

1. Were you still under the 6mth warranty, and did they fix it again?

2. Did it break outside your 6mth warranty without an extended warrantee did they fix it?

3. Did it break after your 6mth warranty and you have the extended Can Am Warrantee and did they fix it again.

What I'm looking for is there anybody out there that has had it fixed under warranty and they have had it break outside the factory 6mth warranty and they do have the extended warranty, did the dealer fix it again.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya im waiting to here what happens after the factory 6 month runs out on a clutch issue to mine runs out tmaro lol but I have extended but it does not cover clutch

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Extended warranty doesn't cover suspension either. I didn't get the extended warranty because it seems the top 3 issues are not covered for the most part. ( primary clutch, tie rods and A-arm mounts).

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just finish up my 6mo factory warranty, and decided not to wait around until clutch problems start showing up. I replaced both clutches.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've only had mine for 4 months, 200 miles. Noticed some RPM drops. Called the dealer told them to order me Secondary & Primary springs and two new bolts. Watched as they changed everything, both springs were a little bit shorter. Installed everything back together with blue Loctite. Cranked up and ran until fan came on, shut it down, pushed it in trailer for 12 hours. Took it straight to race track with brand new belt, did not have time to run belt in before race. A little worried from what we hear as far as breaking in a new belt. From 3 practices to heat race and main event, approx. 25 wide open miles on Flat Track / TT course . My RPM's are back up to 78 - 7900. Started beside two of the main competition with two different clutch set ups. Pulled hole shot both times, just fiqured they would have eaten my lunch on the start. I know I will probably jinx my self, but so far, the smoothest belt, no jerk like the other belt that came off of it, and RPM's are back. I know it's probably a matter of time with the clutch. Right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed with out spending 2 thousand dollars. The dealer did warranty everything including ripped seat covers that rub up against the plastic.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stevemen18
So if your Mav is not pulling 7,500 RPM or higher should you take it in for warrantee work.

·
Registered
395 Posts
When I first got it, it would take off pretty good and RPM's would be around 77-7900 then when it would shift out fall down to 300 rpm's and climb back up to 77-7900. After around 20 hrs or so it seemed it got lazy. Would take of around 7600, shift out, drop to around 72-7300 and slowly pull back to around 76-7700. Now jumps right up to 79-8000 drops a few hundred RPM's and climbs right back to around 7900. I can feel a difference now, not a lazy. MY serial # 0178 on East Coast. one of the first ones. It may break tomorrow, and I have been real hard on mine so far. If its going to break, I want it to be good so I can get a updated one that I hear BRP is working on.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Was gonna make a. comment about the belts but nah, not going there...hope things get figured out for you.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I keep hearing guys say they don't want to spend $1500 or $2000 for clutches to fix this problem. You don't have to spend that kind of money to fix the problem. You only need to get a primary clutch. I believe a CV tech clutch is $575. A QSC clutch is $875. Either one of these clutches will eliminate the problem. Easy to install yourself.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok let’s take this in another direction

What primary aftermarket clutches will work with the stock secondary and stock belt.
And most impotent where are you buying them and don’t say Airdam I would never buy from him, that guy is a joke never answers his phone never answers his emails and never returns a message.

·
Registered
292 Posts

What primary aftermarket clutches will work with the stock secondary and stock belt.
And most impotent where are you buying them and don’t say Airdam I would never buy from him, that guy is a joke never answers his phone never answers his emails and never returns a message.
The QSC will work fine with the stock belt and secondary. You can get them from Kris at cold blooded performance or order direct from Quad Shop Customs.

Reactions: Hunting721

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

Both a QSC or CVtech primary clutch will work. cost is about $ 875 & $ 800

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've only had mine for 4 months, 200 miles. Noticed some RPM drops. Called the dealer told them to order me Secondary & Primary springs and two new bolts. Watched as they changed everything, both springs were a little bit shorter. Installed everything back together with blue Loctite. Cranked up and ran until fan came on, shut it down, pushed it in trailer for 12 hours. Took it straight to race track with brand new belt, did not have time to run belt in before race. A little worried from what we hear as far as breaking in a new belt. From 3 practices to heat race and main event, approx. 25 wide open miles on Flat Track / TT course . My RPM's are back up to 78 - 7900. Started beside two of the main competition with two different clutch set ups. Pulled hole shot both times, just fiqured they would have eaten my lunch on the start. I know I will probably jinx my self, but so far, the smoothest belt, no jerk like the other belt that came off of it, and RPM's are back. I know it's probably a matter of time with the clutch. Right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed with out spending 2 thousand dollars. The dealer did warranty everything including ripped seat covers that rub up against the plastic.
They covered the springs and labor under warranty?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts