Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well if the guy without the paddles wants to line em up...it still sounds like a race to me....it is no different than comparing a stock Maverick to a stock XP1K then because they have larger tires......it shouldn't be a fair comparison but it is still a race....

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
well if the guy without the paddles wants to line em up...it still sounds like a race to me....it is no different than comparing a stock Maverick to a stock XP1K then because they have larger tires......it shouldn't be a fair comparison but it is still a race....
Yes it is a race, but the outcome is not a shocker is what I was pointing out. :smile: At least he was nice and did not get in front of him and roost him too. LOL!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
LOL! Tell me one part of my comment that is not true. Is it really a race if one Maverick has paddle tires and the other is rolling stock tires? We all know who will come out ahead everytime. Going up Olds who usually wins, if the machines are pretty much equal? The person that gets through the whoops the fastest.
Its was 10+ and I jumped him 3-4 lengths out of the hole. He went by me like that sand rail did!! 8)

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Turbos are pretty sweet. I bet the turbo could take down some of the sandrails.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Its was 10+ and I jumped him 3-4 lengths out of the hole. He went by me like that sand rail did!! 8)
Sweet !!!!! that thing sounds nasty his must be a little faster then my turbo commander I only a beat a stock xp1000 by about 10 lengths on dirt to 70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Nice videos and congrats on beating an xp1000 on stock tires! I think our race would be a little different! Not saying I would win, but beating a ride with stock dirt tires in the sand proves nothing. You should win when both cars are close in hp.

As to the race up Olds - he who makes it through the whoops the fastest is going to win 9/10 times. I watched a Wildcat beat a XP900 up Olds serveral times. Not because he was faster, but because he hammered it through the whoops where the faster car could not. You want to make the race up Olds somewhat equal - dead stop from the last big whoop (and hope we don't dig and get stuck - that would be funny).

Now USAguy go get your clutch issue figured out by MLK weekend.

I bet that turbo was stupid fast.

i think it has paddles

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree benzo third video between :19 and :22 the xp 1000 looks to have paddles cant tell what style clearly but paddles just the same ..

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya the OP will confirm soon !

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
AREED Shocks!

Nice videos and congrats on beating an xp1000 on stock tires! I think our race would be a little different! Not saying I would win, but beating a ride with stock dirt tires in the sand proves nothing. You should win when both cars are close in hp.

As to the race up Olds - he who makes it through the whoops the fastest is going to win 9/10 times.

Shand shark, use the slow motion they all had paddles.. ( I know I was thinking something was wrong with the XPs as well) :crazy: As for getting thru the Whoops so fast thank you for the complement! Thanks AREED for the shock tuning!! :smile:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Nice videos and congrats on beating an xp1000 on stock tires! I.
how do u feel about ur fellow xp1 butt banging buddies getting smoked with paddles son ?? :)

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
how do u feel about ur fellow xp1 butt banging buddies getting smoked with paddles son ?? :)
He drives a ford u can't argue with him...his logical is all ford blue crazy stuff that no one can understand but them n popo owners

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
They sure do not look like paddles and sure don't throw much roost. If they are paddles that guy should send them back, because they sure are not doing much. For the XP I thought the only choices in a 28" to 30" paddle was the sand strippers, scats and blasters - all three throw a very noticable roost.

I still think my XP would be a much closer race with the set up I have.

Nice video anyway. Your shocks are dialed in nicely and I bet feel 100x better than the factory set up. The Fox shocks are really nice.

USAguy - go back to your Tundra forum where you all circle jerk on how it towed the space shuttle. Then when you get back to earth you can look at a real truck FORD!!!!!! :crazy: LMAO.

Ford was offered that commercial, but declined because it was not enough weight for a real truck. Don't hate becasue my little twin turbo v6 Ecoboost out performs your big mean V8. While you are stopping at gas stations every other block, I will waive while I drive on by. :haha:

I know you want to race my truck. I don't need to embarass you with two of my rides!!!!! :haha:

Is the hole I am digging deep enought yet?

When is MLK weekend?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
there paddles lil buddy !

ur xp1 is gonna get smoked next trip out I hear tho ? lol lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lol @ sand shark. Gotta agree with u on the trucks! I own a 6.7 power stroke F-350 and a explorer sport with a 3.5 ecoboost, wouldn't trade them for anything out there! Now ur xp1 that's a different story! Although for u sand box guys they are a viable option. However, After seeing the size of them I would never give up my Xxc for the east coast woods! Can't wait to see the rematch with usaguy on MLK!!

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
there paddles lil buddy !

ur xp1 is gonna get smoked next trip out I hear tho ? lol lol
I keep hearing the same thing and I should lose with all the modifcations he is making to beat my stock little motor. Oh wait, did you mean you are going to blow 18$ smoke on my ride? lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I keep hearing the same thing and I should lose with all the modifcations he is making to beat my stock little motor. Oh wait, did you mean you are going to blow 18$ smoke on my ride? lol
if any1 see's another xp1 smoking they will drive over and put our smoke out ! lolol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
PM me when you get a moment...I know how you can get your clutch to be more correct
Ummm.. I did see your video from the weekend and it wasn't pretty. Sorry couldn't resist.. 8)

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You sand guys have it made as far as cleaning your machine and it getting all scratched and stained from mud. But I still wouldnt trade riding spots.
Dunes are totally different riding than Georgia terrain.. I grew up in Tenn and while I miss some of the riding, I love the dunes, it's not dusty like you would think. You can see in the video if you stay out of the "jet wash" of your buddy's roost we don't get much dust.. Rolling the dune bowls are like controlling your own maverick roller coaster..

21 - 40 of 49 Posts