Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well..... it soundes kinda like a b29 bomber, mixed in with a Rotax scream that sounds like a radial engine, and apparently all the folks up my road didn't like it. the county mounty showed up and asked me to keep my "practice" limited to daylight hours because i was bothering the neighbors. on my own property, they couldn't tell me i was doing anything wrong, just asked nicely that i "practice" during daylight hours.

outlaw 31" mud tires are not speed rated. i do not recommend trying to run 60+mph with them just an FYI

sport mode in low range switch is a must on these machines running big tires. i have sold quite a few to maverick owners. having full power in low range is a must.

·
Registered
329 Posts
AirDam

could u expound a little on the need for Sports mode/Low range. (When u would use it. What it does for u. etc;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does work on the commanders and the mavericks. i have sold a few for mavericks. works like a champ. gives you 100% throttle in low range. so guys with huge mud tires who are typically running in low range only, can have full power while in low range.

·
Registered
461 Posts
it does work on the commanders and the mavericks. i have sold a few for mavericks. works like a champ. gives you 100% throttle in low range. so guys with huge mud tires who are typically running in low range only, can have full power while in low range.
What percent throttle do you have in low range without the sport mode?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have done new primary clutches, and secondary clutches, and spring swaps in the primary and secondary to figure out what all makes it go the fastest. i dont own a maverick, i just work on other peoples.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have done new primary clutches, and secondary clutches, and spring swaps in the primary and secondary to figure out what all makes it go the fastest. i dont own a maverick, i just work on other peoples.
Are the AIRDAM 800 Outty primary clutch the same for the maverick but with different tuning?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no sir. the alignment is different, and how i machine the shafts are different. i am using the same clutch, just doing more to it, and a little different things to it.

a primary i built for an 800 can be re-machined and built to fit and work on the maverick, with the weights and springs needing to be changed as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what do I need to do to my clutch so that it doesn't have engine braking? When I let off the gas I want it to be like the a rzr where you have to stay on the gas for some engine braking and when you release the gas it free wheels. Is this possible?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts