Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is mine. Standard 1000R. qsc primary, stm secondary, modified air box, stu paddles, 40" led lights. custom black fire overlay paint - designed by me. Image 1.jpg Image.jpg Image 2.jpg

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I like the center column

what did u do to ur air box ? and what filter, do u grease the edges ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. I do not ride mud or wet conditions. So i took air inlet tube, cut it down and turned it forward facing the front headlight, then made the drain bigger, put in k and n filter, and hole cut the bottom and sides.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thx. I do not ride mud or wet conditions. So i took air inlet tube, cut it down and turned it forward facing the front headlight, then made the drain bigger, put in k and n filter, and hole cut the bottom and sides.
Does the air box work better?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
right on !

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel that it does. I have several years of experience in making small motors work efficient. a small increase in air flow, added with a few degrees cooler, is always better for the motor. you may not hear it or feel it - power wise. The engine will operate cooler, last longer, and possibly help with m.p.g. Always clean your filter after every trip. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
458 Posts
that paint is awesome. you need to do a how to vid.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, it does look sweet

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I told everyone how I did it. Then everyone would have it. It took a lot of trial/error. Plastics are high density poly, very hard to work with, but I figured it out.

Reactions: 03maxpower
1 - 12 of 12 Posts