Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever greased the fitting on the driveline that is closest to the front of the engine. It is the fitting on the yoke that slips onto the front output shaft. I took the plastics off from the passenger compartment and have good access to the zerk but due to the angles involved I cant get the greasegun fitting onto the zerk. I have rotated it but cant seem to make anything work. HELP!! Please.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yes, I have greased them all and you are right...some are a real bit%& to get at. You need to purchase a "grease needle" It's kind of a pointed attachment for your grease gun that injects the grease from the very tip. You press the point into your zerk fitting's check valve, and it'll grease it up like a charm. Handy tool to have. You can find it at CarQuest, Napa, O'Reilley's, Auto Zone, etc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have greased them all and you are right...some are a real bit%& to get at. You need to purchase a "grease needle" It's kind of a pointed attachment for your grease gun that injects the grease from the very tip. You press the point into your zerk fitting's check valve, and it'll grease it up like a charm. Handy tool to have. You can find it at CarQuest, Napa, O'Reilley's, Auto Zone, etc.
Never heard of such a thing. Thanks for the tip. I will search one out. This site rocks!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had the engine cover off so I was able to get to it from in the cab somewhat easily.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the engine cover off so I was able to get to it from in the cab somewhat easily.
I have the cover off too. There is plenty of room but the front part of the driveline doesn't allow enough room to get the grease gun coupler onto the zerk.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had the same problem, grease needle works good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts