Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well guys I found the problem.. Something stupid of course. When I mounted the amp on top of my glovebox I used a big water resistand bag to wrap the amp and part of the glovebox so the water that got under would run off. Part of the bag had sucked part of the way into the intake hole that is located back there by the back of the glovebox and was blocking the majority of the airflow, so I'm sure it was running really rich. Got it out on the street and got it right up to 65 and let off. I knew it was back:)Thanks for everyone who tried to help me out
glad to know you got it figured out.....I doubt you were running rich though.....the sensors on the intake along with the O2 sensors would have picked up the lack of air flow and compensated accordingly, resulting in reduced power. Kind of restrictor plate racing :)

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Well guys I found the problem.. Something stupid of course. When I mounted the amp on top of my glovebox I used a big water resistand bag to wrap the amp and part of the glovebox so the water that got under would run off. Part of the bag had sucked part of the way into the intake hole that is located back there by the back of the glovebox and was blocking the majority of the airflow, so I'm sure it was running really rich. Got it out on the street and got it right up to 65 and let off. I knew it was back:)Thanks for everyone who tried to help me out
I really hate when I do that......lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
It usually is the last thing that was "fixed" that causes the next problem.

Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
806 Posts
I got drunk one time and almost kicked my brothers ass for stealing my hat and then realized I was wearing it.

Reactions: Clifs maverick
21 - 25 of 25 Posts