Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just happened across these.... they were up loaded today, I wouldnt say the Mav was way faster but if you have ever been in an XP it's fast enough. It takes just 16 seconds to get to 75mph in the last video

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
998 Posts
This is what I've been thinking the out come would be the whole time. There is only a 13hp difference and the mav is roughly 100 lbs heavier and who knows how close the drivers was in weight. But I'm sure the maverick will feel faster than it is with all the extra torque it makes over the parallel twin the rzr has

·
Registered
417 Posts
The Mav might have a small traction disadvantage as well with the increased power and getting more weight going. I think the guy at dirt trax mentioned it was always spinning due to the power. You gotta get it to the ground

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's not all about speed, it's how it all works together. Still remains to be seen how the Mav puts it down in the rough stuff. Trusting what Johnny said about it in the whoops, the XP has its work cut out for it just to keep up.

For me the perfect machine would handle well on dirt roads at the 45 to 55 mph range plus a little more for my 3 or 4 dune trips a year but would also rock crawl without fear of breakage. Right now the XP is a known performer in this description. I just Don't like the damn thing. I hope the Mav will do all this so I don't have to buy a fricken PoPoo. The visco-lock is my only concern right now, that's the part I am looking for.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Also in the acceleration video if you read the comments the guy that published the video said it had a driver and passenger weight combined for 500 lbs

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
If you are worried about how the Mav handles the tight twisted stuff it is much better than the XP, wildcat or commander. The rear suspension design doesn't push in the turns like the trailing arms of the XP, Wildcat or commander. You can turn tigher and faster under this A-arm setup. The 2.5 Fox highly adjustable shocks on the Mav are the best shocks on any UTV. To get a better setup on a UTV you would have to go to a triple bypass shock. In other words you are getting a damn good machine stock machine but stock still sucks as... The Mav is by far the BEST platform to build upon and is second to none. The Rotax is a monster motor and is capable of if you get the right head and cam of producing 125 hp and 90 lbs of peak torque at the crank. That is right up there with the top vtwin super bike motors. No matter what you do with the parallel Twin on the XP you can match the HP with lots of money but never come close to the torque. The suspenson is very good and is much better than the XP and is many area better than the Wildcat. The Wildcat is probably a better suspension for the dunes but everything else sucks on that machine.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Not to mention the a arm setup is tucked up out of the way, the trailing arms on the xp hit everything and get you hung up. The east coast woods guys are gonna love that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I posted those videos earlier today but did not get a chance to post up on the site here. For the record, this maverick was brand new, with 1 mile on it, the belt and motor is not even broke in. Also, the driver of the Maverick is 235lbs vs a lighter xp driver.... and lastly the xp jumped the start briefly which makes a big difference in such a short length. And in a longer stretch the Maverick really starts to pull. But this is a real world scenario, where the xp driver said he would buy a Maverick if he lost...... so looks like we converted another to the yellow side!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I posted those videos earlier today but did not get a chance to post up on the site here. For the record, this maverick was brand new, with 1 mile on it, the belt and motor is not even broke in. Also, the driver of the Maverick is 235lbs vs a lighter xp driver.... and lastly the xp jumped the start briefly which makes a big difference in such a short length. And in a longer stretch the Maverick really starts to pull. But this is a real world scenario, where the xp driver said he would buy a Maverick if he lost...... so looks like we converted another to the yellow side!

Thanks for putting up those vids.... I posted them here because we're all Jone'zin for just those vids!

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Just wondering if the maverick was fully broken in, may get quicker after full break-in.
It wasnt broke in only 1 mileson it i do know my outlander wouldnt do a wheelie until about 200 miles on it then by 1000 miles i could pull the front tires at 27 mph

·
Registered
72 Posts
Was not broke it at all. Only 1 mile on the Maverick. With our other units broke in they pull quicker on the xp. Remember this is a short distance too...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Was not broke it at all. Only 1 mile on the Maverick. With our other units broke in they pull quicker on the xp. Remember this is a short distance too...
Hey David its Todd I met you the other day at Skat-Trak. Im gonna try on some Ideas for Paddles on these things for good fast dune rides so we will talk on that later.
the video shows about what I expected and the Mav will get faster as we learn how to set them up and sa they loosen up a bit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts