Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mav dyno time just came up....sadly I can't get there in time...damnit. But the guy doing all the work for me on it has 2 cameras going so I hope to have something to show you all soon. He will do with stock exhaust and with the cat delete kit. Pretty nervous and excited at the same time. Posts to come.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, finally some news. He killed his phone filming etc. It took them a long time because my Mav was dyno-ing at 48 HP, which they finally figured out the sport mode switch was unplugged and defaulted to low. Anyway, the news is good..and hopefully I'll get some footage tonight. The formal data will come next week when he can get down there with a thumb drive to get a copy of the data and runs.

Seems my Mav is on the weaker side. The runs showed it at 67 HP at the wheels. I don't know if anyone can confirm this, but that's what they showed. The good news? When they put the pipe kit on there was a 2 HP gain at the wheel. This is where it gets strange. They also did runs with the airbox open, and with it closed and full snorkels on. It performed better with the airbox closed and snorkeled. I never would have expected that. They did not hook up a fuel controller to it, it was bone stock. The guy that did the dyno test may be known to some of you. When BRP was denying to warranty repairs if you were using Amsoil, this guy is the place Amsoil contracted to dyno and show not only was Amsoil as good as BRP oil, it was better. After that, BRP started covering warranty on Can-Am's using Amsoil. Point is, this guy knows his stuff. He said the engine is really detuned, and the stock controller runs very very rich. So there's a ton that could be done, and can.

But that's it, 2 HP gained at the wheel for removing the cat. I will get vids and pictures up as I can. And that said, is 67 low? Average? Or good? I am pretty sure it's low by a couple. =(

·
Registered
175 Posts
Send me one

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I think 2hp is what someone posted on gutting the cat only. Hmm Interesting

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he will be posting it for sale next week sometime, I have no idea what he's going to charge for it yet though. He is getting things set up with a Mandrel bender so there is no restriction in the bends...so that will finalize the first part of next week. They aren't cheap to buy, like 10 grand. Pretty cool that he's going all out like this. Hoping to get some video soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts