Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the power flip windshield on their Mav Sport and willing to help answer a question?

Instructions for wiring the actuators says
Red/Brown to connection A
Red/White to connection B

Problem is the actuators have a black wire and a red wire.
Harness has a black wire and a white wire.

Wires colors don’t match the colors in the directions. Any one have the same issue and found the correct solution?
thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the power flip windshield installed and working. I don’t know if the harness you have is different or not. But my actuators have a red and black wire as you stated and the harness connects to them with a red and black wire as well. I’d say as long as the wires are already locked in the plug you should be fine as long as you don’t change the orientation of the plug.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brnschr1000r. Thanks for the reply. I got it wired up shortly after posting. I just wired them black to black and white to red on both actuators. Instructions were terrible. I took some pictures and video and hope to post on YouTube one day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the windshield. Directions weren’t the best. Haven‘t had a chance to take it for a good trail ride yet. Just around the neighborhood. Now that the temperature is getting warmer outside I think the ability to open windshield will come in handy.

·
Registered
2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
53 Posts
Installed mine a month ago. Was a fairly easy install relative to the gazillion hours the dealer wanted for the install. Been on 4-5 rides of trail and rock climbing. I now have Poly anxiety out of fear of scratching the damn thing. Lol. I will say it attracts a shit pile of dust but I keep it up most of the time. It is lightweight enough that the bouncing doesn’t appear to put much stress on the actuators. Time will tell. I do love being able to drop it down when those in front kick up dust, and raise it when I want the visibility and air. I’m going to Moab in a few weeks and will be nice to fro it down when I am driving the buggy on the road and raise when I am crawling on rocks. One thing I’m looking into is clear tint film to make it easier to clean when I am on the trail. Otherwise, clean it with Lemon Pledge. Don’t ever use Alcohol or ammonia based products.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Installed mine a month ago. Was a fairly easy install relative to the gazillion hours the dealer wanted for the install. Been on 4-5 rides of trail and rock climbing. I now have Poly anxiety out of fear of scratching the damn thing. Lol. I will say it attracts a shit pile of dust but I keep it up most of the time. It is lightweight enough that the bouncing doesn’t appear to put much stress on the actuators. Time will tell. I do love being able to drop it down when those in front kick up dust, and raise it when I want the visibility and air. I’m going to Moab in a few weeks and will be nice to fro it down when I am driving the buggy on the road and raise when I am crawling on rocks. One thing I’m looking into is clear tint film to make it easier to clean when I am on the trail. Otherwise, clean it with Lemon Pledge. Don’t ever use Alcohol or ammonia based products.
Thanks for the info! And I like the clear tint idea. Pretty much I’m thinking it will stay open most the time unless it pouring out or like you said right behind someone to keep the piles of dirt out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did expect it to be more “substantial”, maybe thicker poly, so was surprised to see it so lightweight, but this turns out to be a good think when u hit the bumps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did expect it to be more “substantial”, maybe thicker poly, so was surprised to see it so lightweight, but this turns out to be a good think when u hit the bumps.
That was my main question is how does it hold up while it’s in the open position. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That was my main question is how does it hold up while it’s in the open position. Thank you for the information.
I think it’s a balance. If they made it with thicker poly, the bouncing would put greater stress on the actuators. This lighter design, won’t put that increased stress on those parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I rode my XRC for 3 days at Hatfield Mccoy last year on the outlaw trails and regular trails. I used the windshield both up and down but mostly up because it was warm. I had zero problems and it didnt move nearly as much as i thought it would. It was pretty solid. The ability to open and close the windshield while on the fly is awesome! This is my 5th SXS and they all had windshields. This is bye far is the best one yet!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I rode my XRC for 3 days at Hatfield Mccoy last year on the outlaw trails and regular trails. I used the windshield both up and down but mostly up because it was warm. I had zero problems and it didnt move nearly as much as i thought it would. It was pretty solid. The ability to open and close the windshield while on the fly is awesome! This is my 5th SXS and they all had windshields. This is bye far is the best one yet!
Awesome that’s what I like to hear. I ride Maine mostly. Looking to make some West Virginia trips as well!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome that’s what I like to hear. I ride Maine mostly. Looking to make some West Virginia trips as well!
My power windscreen is the best option I had installed by the dealer. Maverick Sport Max. Opening/closing to any position, on the fly, is a great feature. I've been pounding along rocky washes near Mesquite, NV, with no apparent ill effects... Yet!
I use Plexus to clean and polish after using a very wet cotton wash cloth to rinse away dirt/dust/mud. Polish with an old white 100% cotton t-shirt ONLY. NO paper!

A warm day last August, Uinta Mtns, UT, windscreen wide open!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My power windscreen is the best option I had installed by the dealer. Maverick Sport Max. Opening/closing to any position, on the fly, is a great feature. I've been pounding along rocky washes near Mesquite, NV, with no apparent ill effects... Yet!
I use Plexus to clean and polish after using a very wet cotton wash cloth to rinse away dirt/dust/mud. Polish with an old white 100% cotton t-shirt ONLY. NO paper!
Awesome! Great feedback I appreciate it! Thank you for the cleaning and polishing tips as well!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome! Great feedback I appreciate it! Thank you for the cleaning and polishing tips as well!
You’re welcome! Plexus is spendy, available on Amazon and worth it on my $1K windscreen. I also use it on my roll up side curtains and the rear plexiglass window. Used it on my very spendy plexiglas airplane windows with great results.

For really dirty, muddy, dusty windows use a hose to wash off the worst. Then the wet wash cloth. The object is to reduce scratches.

Safe rides!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally had a chance to go riding. Went to the Lost Trails in PA. Windshield worked awesome. Since it was 70+ degrees I kept it open for air flow. If I was riding behind others or see on coming riders I would close it for the dust. Being able to open and close as needed was perfect. Definitely worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts