Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a Mav and just wanting to know how good the fenders are once you add more aggressive tires. Like do you get covered in mud or do you stay pretty clean?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will not take the thing in the mud again without some sort of aftermarket fender extension. I haven't seen anything yet that's worth my money.

Take a look at the attached photo. I was avoiding all the mud puddles, just trail riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yeah. They suck with stock tires, more less an aggressive tire. You will get covered.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Check Ebay, Dave with Mudbusters getting mine in soon!

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thats them! I will post a review once I get them installed with pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn not the answer I was wanting to hear. I'm stuck between the mav. And the rzr 900. I will be doing a lot of trail riding and a little mud riding. And definatly don't wanna get covered when I hit a little mud.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
so if you get a rzr xp-900 you don't get covered with mud? Lets see, covered with some mud or a rzr? Easy answer for me, some mud. Rzr is outdated. Fender flares will come in time. Lol.. if you buy a rzr and ride with any mav's you're still gonna get covered being in the rear!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I made my own fender flares for 50$$ that look as good as the ones offered. Huge help this weekend. But I still want real fender flares

·
Registered
728 Posts
I will not take the thing in the mud again without some sort of aftermarket fender extension. I haven't seen anything yet that's worth my money.

Take a look at the attached photo. I was avoiding all the mud puddles, just trail riding.

You missed the steering wheel.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368842919.572929.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368842932.700421.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368842949.766838.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368842979.133725.jpg

Not the best photos but you get idea

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just installed the Mud Buster Extenders and hope to try them out Sunday. Really easy to install and they are very flexible but rigid enough to hold there shape. Cant wait to give them a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tell you what Dave really came through if they work as good as they look like they will work, I'm ready to get home and get mine installed and test them out! Any of yall ran with them yet and have some reviews?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
These work with rock slider bars.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the rock sliders on from Canam.

Packing up now to head out to ride. I will take some before and after photos

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I just installed the Mud Buster Extenders and hope to try them out Sunday. Really easy to install and they are very flexible but rigid enough to hold there shape. Cant wait to give them a try.
Under PSI. - what size are your tires and do you have a side view you can share?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
They may work but they are ugly as hell. Rather get dirty.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts