·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
OMG, RIP. I watched him race at all the East tracks, Unadilla, Broome-Tioga, Steel City Mt. Morris, High Point. Buds Creek. Horrible thing, prayers go out. 1st class guy, and great champion.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:(
Unfortunately his car didn’t have much protection no roof no nets not much of a cage

Shame it always changes my perspective of life live it to its fullest but calculate your safety

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Wear your safety belts and wear them correctly. Guys this happens all too often. Another legend lost too soon. I’ve lost 2 from not being correctly strapped in or strapped in at all. Shit happens when we least expect it. Prayers to his family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yeah, no one ever expects to die. Live life to the fullest, you really just never know.
Exactly..
That has been my Motto for 20+ years when my brother was killed.
Live everyday as if it's you last..
I have no regrets how I've lived my life..

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
Exactly..
That has been my Motto for 20+ years when my brother was killed.
Live everyday as if it's you last..
I have no regrets how I've lived my life..

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics
If anyone has regrets, they're doing it wrong, LOL!

·
Premium Member
2020 Mav Sport xrc
44 Posts
Yup, so far I have done everything I have wanted to do..

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics
It is always tough to deal with the passing of anyone who we watched and admired their abilities. He was someone I keep track of thru the years and have used a picture of him on my signatures. RIP, Marty.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Foreigners dominated MX early on. We got our asses kicked and Marty Smith was one of the first Americans to change that.

Smith used to be featured on the old excellent Fox Blue Torch Motorsports TV show. Good shows when it was Smith.

He’d lead rides thru Baja with regular Joes.
if you weren’t that a good rider at the start of the trip - you were at the end

He always stressed safety so this is a head scratcher.

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
Foreigners dominated MX early on. We got our asses kicked and Marty Smith was one of the first Americans to change that.

Smith used to be featured on the old excellent Fox Blue Torch Motorsports TV show. Good shows when it was Smith.

He’d lead rides thru Baja with regular Joes.
if you weren’t that a good rider at the start of the trip - you were at the end

He always stressed safety so this is a head scratcher.
Don't forget Brad Lackey! Yeah, it doesn't make sense they weren't wearing at least harnesses. Terrible tragedy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts