Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I have a bunch of questions I'm just going to put all in one.

I have been seeing things about moving the rev limiter to 8500rpms. can the stock motor safely handle that? what are the benefits?

I have noticed that the rpms rev up but takes awhile for the speed to catch up, Is there a clutch system that grips the belt faster for quicker acceleration? Whats the best clutch kit systems as I will have 32-34" tires?

saw something about the tie rod ends. what is wrong with the stockers? who makes better ones?

is the stock belt ok for my tire size or do I need a better belt?

bumpers: does anyone know of any full replacement bumpers?

thanks everyone

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The tie rods are weak, they bend easily. There are May companies that make replacements. Search tie rods. The stock belt is fine for any size tire as long as you're not being a baffoon. Search clutch upgrades. You can spend 300 or 2300 for a full STM setup. Tons of bumpers, from desert to winch bumpers. Turn key, Carolina truggies. Search AREED. So always use the search tool before you post a question. Knowledge is the key. But educating yourself is priceless. And after you've searched and not found your answers we'll all be here to point you in the right direction. But search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can use the search all I want, this isn't my first forum. searching is useless if you don't type in the words exactly. secondly, when searching for something that hasn't been spoken about in 10 months makes it 15 pages back. im not trying to search 10 different topics when I can possible get answers and help others get answers in 1 thread vs 10 threads. this would make a great sticky for the "introductory" riders that don't know a lot about their maverick. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
I can use the search all I want, this isn't my first forum. searching is useless if you don't type in the words exactly. secondly, when searching for something that hasn't been spoken about in 10 months makes it 15 pages back. im not trying to search 10 different topics when I can possible get answers and help others get answers in 1 thread vs 10 threads. this would make a great sticky for the "introductory" riders that don't know a lot about their maverick. thanks
Mother eff you sure are arrogant for a newb. Now quit being lazy and search first, then ax questions.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the effort lol. Go ahead and have a mod delete my thread.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
It may not be your first forum, this one is different. Those topics eh at you brought up are the most talked about subjects on here. Quit being lazy and do your own research

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mearsman, you vaguely answered them. ill give you that much

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
type in "tie rods" tell me how many pages before you find the answer or clutch, or any of the other "answers" you gave. I did search before posting, just not weeks worth of it

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mears, I know it will make the top speed a little higher but wondering if it is worth the 4-600 to have it programmed

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
As the rpms reach 8050 or thereabouts the ECM pulls timing to achieve the desired rpm. Son if you take that limit to 8500 and the motor has the oh and torque to carry the rpms to 8500 then it won't pull timing till then. Son in turn you'll end up going a lot faster a lot quicker

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The steering system is hit or miss on these machines. Some guys out 100's if miles on stick tie rods and no issues. Other guys look at their tie rods cross eyed and they tweak. If your at speed when this happens it destroys the half shaft and sometimes the hub and rotor. I'm a duner so I was proactive and built my own solid 6061 aluminum tie rods before Christmas in glamis. I subsequently overshot a Jump and lawndarted. This I destroyed my steering rack. If I wouldn't have had the solid tie rods in it would've destroyed the half shafts and the hub.

There's a guy in here who just sold his xrs his name is benzo. Look at his list of mods and that's where you should start.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Hi lol

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
do you know if there is a way to raise it to 8500 without spending an arm and a leg? like can I have the dealer just reflash it to 8500?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts