Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has camped at Sherwin Creek in Mammoth lakes before? A bunch of guys from my camping group are booked for a week up there July 4th and was wondering how the camping areas are. Any input?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No West region guys have riden up in the Mammoth lakes area?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have a group of about 10 SxS guys going this summer from 7/3 to 7/11. A few guys in the group have been going ridng up there for yrs. It has been 20 yrs since Ive been up there. I will be doing some SxS riding and hopefully alot of trout fishing with a little some bike riding mixed in.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Only camping and skiing Marty. Camp grounds in the area are nice but have only done twin lakes and lake Mary, so I can't give an opinion on Sherwin.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only camping and skiing Marty. Camp grounds in the area are nice but have only done twin lakes and lake Mary, so I can't give an opinion on Sherwin.
Thanks Andy. Just found out today that we now have 15 campsites reserved all in the same loop!!!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
If Its anything like cold water Creek camp grounds, you will like it. Just watch out for bears raiding your camp at night. Had it happen à couple times.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Its anything like cold water Creek camp grounds, you will like it. Just watch out for bears raiding your camp at night. Had it happen à couple times.
Yeah I've heard that. Just gotta keep the food inside the bear box and my cooler in the truck. I will be sleeping in the back of my truck with a shell. No MH this trip, so I can be more mobile to get to more fishing spots or go into town.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our group now has 20 campsites reserved in the same loop at Sherwin Creek campground. This week long trip should be a hell of a good time riding to various scenic sites and hitting up some of the nearby lakes for some trout. I guess there is a creek than runs thru the campsite that also has some trout in it. MAy change up and take the MH for this one. Only about 6 more spots open and the entire loop will be ours.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a group of SxS riders that have already made our reservations for Mammoth Mountain this summer. We are all camping at Sherwin Creek campground for a week around July 4th. Lot of fun stuff to do in this area and we will be doing a lot of fishing and riding! So if anyone is interested in joining us, you better get your reservations set up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went up there recently... Didnt camp but great scenery. Trails are ok, kinda tight in some areas. Also, beware of deer hunters :)
Not going until July and that is not Deer season, but it will be trout season!! lol

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
There is a group of SxS riders that have already made our reservations for Mammoth Mountain this summer. We are all camping at Sherwin Creek campground for a week around July 4th. Lot of fun stuff to do in this area and we will be doing a lot of fishing and riding! So if anyone is interested in joining us, you better get your reservations set up.

How do we go about reserving? Link?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look up Sherwin Creek campground and it will get you to the site. I can get you more info on Tuesday when I'm back in the office. I'm in spot 79 from July 4th -11, Jason is in 59.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov is where you go to book a site for Sherwin Creek campground.

So far, I know our current group has the following spots: 36,37,57,58,59,63,64,79 & 85
These are just the spots I know of. Most are reserved for days between July 2 to July 11.
The town of Mammoth has a giant parade sheduled on the 4th of July, which some of our guys enter their cars into.

Need anymore info, let me know.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov is where you go to book a site for Sherwin Creek campground.

So far, I know our current group has the following spots: 36,37,57,58,59,63,64,79 & 85
These are just the spots I know of. Most are reserved for days between July 2 to July 11.
The town of Mammoth has a giant parade sheduled on the 4th of July, which some of our guys enter their cars into.

Need anymore info, let me know.

Thanks Marty...I'm trying to get a small group to join...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts