Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I have a chance to pick up a super nice 5th wheel pace for 1/4 what its worth! It is 236" inside. I know that I may have to take off bumpers and maybe even the tires off one of them but is it possible to fit it? Any one have both of them to give me ideas?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Buy it, flip it and use the profit to upgrade to a longer one

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't see it happening. The xrs alone is nearly 10' I'm sure the max is 12' plus. You only have 19'8"

·
Registered
727 Posts
If trailer is tall enough to drive them in, build a ramp in front then drive the XRS in and drive the front tires up the ramp. This should allow about 2 more feet of lenght for the Max. Get good tie downs.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I don't see it happening....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm to make it happen even if I have to cut a hole in the back doors and make a panel to cover the bed on one of them. The trailer was to good of a deal! Bumpers and wheels may be stacked up in the trailer to make it work but I'm fine with that. Pictures to follow in a month or so!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm to make it happen even if I have to cut a hole in the back doors and make a panel to cover the bed on one of them. The trailer was to good of a deal! Bumpers and wheels may be stacked up in the trailer to make it work but I'm fine with that. Pictures to follow in a month or so!
what do you mean tires? Spare tires???

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Front tires or rear what every is in the way haha!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I built this in rack back in my earily rzr days. It worked like a charm! The wheels would rotate up so the rack would set flat and rotate IMG_1604.JPG IMG_1525.JPG IMG_1527.JPG down for easy rack removal.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fucking a man that is what I was thinking. I knew I wasn't the only crazy guy out there that would try this!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fucking a man that is what I was thinking. I knew I wasn't the only crazy guy out there that would try this!
Sometimes you just have to make shit happen!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's a quick drawing I whipped up that might help you. I used the wheelbase listed on the Can Am website so it doesn't include any overhangs. I also used a 26" dia tire because I don't think the bighorns measure 27". Height may become an issue, depending on the trailer

trailer.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm wondering if the front wheels will roll onto the upper deck? if this is the case then I would gain even more room I would think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts