Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at buying a proper tool for pulling out the millions of push tabs on our units, at $50 for a pair of pliers I said F that. Fast forward to later when I was pulling all the paneling and clutch cover off, I was looking for my 1/4in drive ratchet and I stumbled across my old fishing pliers

uploadfromtaptalk1397154698287.jpg

These work like a charm popping them damn things out. The little hook on one end with grip on the other, small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. I'll be keeping a set in my belt kit from now on. They're cheap and have a side cutter to them as well for small jobs.

Anyways, thought I'd share for the people who haven't found an easy way to get them out yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This plus one other is what they wanted to sell me for $50
uploadfromtaptalk1397155460322.jpg

The fishing pliers I'm using now I found on the river when I was fishing a few years back. I lost the. Last year and since replaced them. Now that I found them again they'll get put to good use

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Other advantage I should point out is that the fishing pliers are considerably smaller for getting into those tighter areas

·
Registered
415 Posts
Find someone who has a Polaris rzr... (no bullspit), bout the only good thing that came out of my rzr 900xp is the pair of pliers I kept... they already have the grove cut into the teeth, and the handle ends are Phillips and flat heat screw drivers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts