Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 5 long weeks of waiting I got my Mav, Been out trying to break this thing in right, researched this form like crazy about belt break in and motor break in, well after I felt the belt was pretty good, I started riding little harder on it, after 3 hours I'm getting the maintenance required across the dash. I'm sure the dealer would of set this up for the proper time for the first service? Right? Why would this come on early like this? Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wait till 10 hours. When I did my 10 hr service the only fluid that looked like it had been used was the rear diff. The engine oil, gearbox and front diff all drained nice, clear looking fluid and I found very little on the magnets. Sure didn't seem like it needed it, but I believe they put break in oil in it when it is new, so that is why I think they have them serviced so early on.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Happened to me from dealer also. Started it up to drive on trailer and it showed up. They cleared it right there. Look in your manual, it will explain how to do it. Reset it now and watch your hr. gauge then rest it again at 10hrs. Now Ive only heard this so not sure if it's true or not but the machine runs a little different performance wise when the message is flashing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks!! I try reset it today, makes me feel a little better that others were doing it as well. my guess it just wasn't set right from factory? So when you reset it, does it set to a certain number of hours each time automatically after the first service? or do you put in how many hours till you want it to come on again?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
When you reset it do it as quickly as possible. Think it needs to be 5 seconds or less. It will reset its hrs automatically.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
if machine is running fine, I would not worry myself about it, reset it and ride it like you stole it, should it come right back on in the next hour or two, then a dealer visit maybe, but 99.9% of the time its nothing, happens a lot.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know!! I looked in book and on web, but didn't find the answer, does key need to be on or off for the reset??.
Bulldog, That's what I've been reading, the rear diffs seem to turn dirty when you roll them off the trailer!! Deff going to keep an eye on that! Thanks

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree. Try to reset it per the manual then drive it until you get it up to the 10 hrs. Then have your dealer rest it when they do the first service.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then have your dealer rest it when they do the first service
I'm doing the service on it, I've done all my own work before on all my quads/sxs, Can't trust dealers, been nailed before by dealers. I'm the kinda of guy that the day I got it, I removed all the engine cover's to check over little things like fluids, connections, hose clamps, pulled the clutch cover, etc. When it only had .4miles on it. Just so I felt it was double checked and knew a bit more about it, than just jumping on and ride!! Plus I know the dealer not trying to get me on something. I hate to think that way, but dealers and I have never got along in the past!! the only time I hope to have to deal with them is on warranty work, even then, i'll prob double their work when I get it back!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
From day one maintenance required scrolled across the gauges on mine,reset it per manual now it's gone.
Yep, all that needs done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts