Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so how do you get rid of the dash saying service required after you do the 10 hour service? I did it with a ex dealership mechanic on the Polaris engineer, but it still complains when I start it. Is there a trick? What did we miss? Thank you fellas.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think it's in your manual but I believe you need to tap the brake & toggle the override switch 5 times in 5 seconds or something similar.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The steps are defined in the owners manual page 78. It worked for me. It took me a few tries before I got it right. It doesn't beep or flash when it resets either. I had to turn the ignition off and turn it back on to check the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The steps are defined in the owners manual page 78. It worked for me. It took me a few tries before I got it right. It doesn't beep or flash when it resets either. I had to turn the ignition off and turn it back on to check the gauge cluster.
lookie there….you beat me to it :cool2:

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Don't feel bad maverickmn, I ain't got no rhythm either. I've tried 20 times and never got it!
Dealer did it for me at recall. One day I'll figure it out..... Maybe

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will get that damn thing if it kills me. ;)

Is the ECU inhibiting the performance at all? I've heard that rumor a few times...I assume it's just that...rumor?

·
Registered
292 Posts
It has to be done Exactly like the manual says. I got mine the first try but on my commander I could never get it. Even the guys at the dealer couldn't get it on my commander.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm glad to know it's not just me that has trouble getting the F*&KI&G thing to reset!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if it is like a car. You can just disconnected the Battery and it will reset itself.
:)
But that would be too easy!!!!!!!!!!! We want to figure out the secret double handshake Barbara. Stop stealing our thunder! :cool2:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Muahaha, I got it first try after reading the book. Thou hast been thwarted Babara!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I don't look at the gauges very much, so I hardly ever see that maintenance required whatever. But I am going to try to reset it just to see what all the fuss is about.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't look at the gauges very much, so I hardly ever see that maintenance required whatever. But I am going to try to reset it just to see what all the fuss is about.
IF at first you dont succeed, try try try again grass hopper

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I cleared mine yesterday first try. The directions in the manual are stupid. Instead of telling you all of the steps, it tells you the first 2 steps and then says repeat steps 1-3 again. So in short this is what you need to do (all within 5 seconds):

1. Turn on the ignition
2. Press and hold the override switch
3. Press and release the brake pedal
4. Release the override switch
5. Press and release the brake pedal
6. Press and hold the override switch
7. Press and release the brake pedal
8. Release the override switch

Do all of this within 5 seconds and the notification will clear. Turn the ignition off and then back on to confirm.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I cleared mine yesterday first try. The directions in the manual are stupid. Instead of telling you all of the steps, it tells you the first 2 steps and then says repeat steps 1-3 again. So in short this is what you need to do (all within 5 seconds):

1. Turn on the ignition
2. Press and hold the override switch
3. Press and release the brake pedal
4. Release the override switch
5. Press and release the brake pedal
6. Press and hold the override switch
7. Press and release the brake pedal
8. Release the override switch

Do all of this within 5 seconds and the notification will clear. Turn the ignition off and then back on to confirm.
Yea right a guy get this all done in 5 seconds.. Nope.. :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts