Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be able to do this on my old maverick. What are the steps to do this on the trail/sport? I couldn’t find it anywhere in the owners manual. I do all of my maintenance myself and this would be good to know seeing that it’s always on even though I just did an oil change. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,139 Posts
Have you not yet purchased the CanAm Manuals.com Repair & Maintenance Manual download? If not, a good time to do and well worth the relatively low cost. In any case, from Pg 496 in that is this instruction. Timely for me too, since I'd forgotten the sequence with need to reset mine after 3k service recently...

1585526006267.png

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you not yet purchased the CanAm Manuals.com Repair & Maintenance Manual download? If not, a good time to do and well worth the relatively low cost. In any case, from Pg 496 in that is this instruction. Timely for me too, since I'd forgotten the sequence with need to reset mine after 3k service recently...

View attachment 253874
Thank you! This helped me a lot. That’s definitely going to be an investment for me in the future ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, I've followed the instructions on how to reset the maintenance required message. Tried every combination of flipping the light switch. No go. Can't get the message to disappear. What am I missing? 2019 Maverick Sport Max

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,139 Posts
^^^ Possibly nothing. Although my buddy was successful using the described method on his own MavT, nothing I (or he) could do was likewise successful on mine after trying every possible sequence. We just traded those machines in on new 2020 MavS XRC units. Mine had the reset procedure page packed in the storage bin, with handwritten note that all service intervals were up to date - despite "Maintenance Required" scrolling across the display. My thinking is this is a machine specific glitch that must be reset with a BUDS2 tool.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Having same problem on my X3. Message wont clear with the stupid Can-am sequence of pedal pushes and holding override.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the replies. So other than being annoying, it's not going to effect anything by leaving it on?

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
You have to possess the skills of a Ninja to get it all right in the time frame they give you. It took about 5 - 6 attempts before I got mine to work, and clear the message.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You have to possess the skills of a Ninja to get it all right in the time frame they give you. It took about 5 - 6 attempts before I got mine to work, and clear the message.
You use the high/low beam sequence or the gas pedal/override sequence?

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
801 Posts
I tried a good 20 times to reset the maintenance message on my 2019 Sport as per the manual with no success yet haha.

I had a check engine light in the first couple of hours I owned the machine. I remember it took several tries to get the code to show using the light switch. What a pain in the ass.

What is the gas pedal override method?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried a good 20 times to reset the maintenance message on my 2019 Sport as per the manual with no success yet haha.

I had a check engine light in the first couple of hours I owned the machine. I remember it took several tries to get the code to show using the light switch. What a pain in the ass.

What is the gas pedal override method?
Some models require a reverse switch override/ gas pedal sequence to get rid of the message

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The key seems to be the speed at which you perform the sequence. They don't give you much time, so do it quick. I was finally able to get my X3 reset.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After a month and some change I finally got mine. lol they weren't kidding about 5 seconds. If you're not a millisecond faster, you gotta do it again. What helped me is if you set the headlight switch to low beams before you start the procedure you can get it done in a few tries.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have a 2020 X3 so that light couldn't be easier or more intuitive to reset.

But the 2019 Sport has eluded me. I just read in another post as well to go low high and so on and never off. I think that was my mistake. Turning the headlights off while cycling.

I will give er another go soon lol...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
After a month and some change I finally got mine. lol they weren't kidding about 5 seconds. If you're not a millisecond faster, you gotta do it again. What helped me is if you set the headlight switch to low beams before you start the procedure you can get it done in a few tries.
I call B.S. on them even giving 5 sec

·
Registered
801 Posts
Tried like 10 more times. Fail lol wtf...

Guess I will try super duper fast next time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts