Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and on the other side of the world.
The dealers here have not promoted the XXC in Australia, possibly they are not for our market.
I see they are 60" wide and I think the XRS is 64" wide.
What has been changed and what is the advantage of being narrower other than going down narrower trails?
are they less stable on flat fast tracks with sharp turns?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You answered your own questions. Also I think you lose 1-2 inches of ground clearance with the XXC over the XRS. Unless you have a distinct need to be 60" wide for your riding area, there is no upside to the XXC over the XRS.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I think it will help with the mud spray also, as the wheels are tucked in under the fenders more than the xrs.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I looked at an XXC over the weekend and I can tell you the ground clearance did not look the same as the XRS, it looked at least a couple inches lower.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't measured one or even seen one yet. I have a XXC on order waiting on it to come in. The specs say 13" like the XRS. I hope they are actually 13" because I need the clearance where I ride. If it actually sits lower I'll go with the XRS. I'd rather rub the bark off the trees than drag the bottom on the rocks.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya all that's diff is the a arms 2" shorter leading to 2" less travel

·
Registered
395 Posts
Talked to a GNCC guy this weekend, and said the factory guys are complaining about the travel and suspension on the XXC. So they are installing the longer XRS rear arms back on the rear and using different offsets to bring the width back to 62" and leaving the front end as is at 60". They said the handling came back. The rear arms are just too short, they could not dial it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had took vin#00001 xxc for a long ride at my dealer, it is atleast 2 inches lower to the ground and a true 60" wide. I took it out to see how tippy it was compaired to the xrs. I was very surprised that it felt real stable and I felt it was more glued to the ground than that of the xrs. The xrs has a ghosty feel if you shoot into a corner and wipe the wheel, to me it feels like the rear end is off the ground. The xxc did not give me that feeling. It was more planted. I was impressed but not enough to jump on it and buy it yet. I do think the xrs carries more value in terms of what it comes with and price. The low ground clearance and cheaper shocks kinda sucks, but all this is just my 2 cents. I still cant believe I got to ride vin#00001 xxc. AJs power Equipment in Mansfield, PA if anyone wants to own vin#1 its still there.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Put on 35 quick miles today. Love it, fast, lots of power, and suspension. The steering is really quick & easy, you could get sideways if you don't pay attention. It holds a nice line thru the corners. Got it up to 74 before I had to slow down for a corner, i think it had more in it, will try to find out tomorrow. Ground clearance, measured it had 11" in the rear, only 9.5 in the front, a little disappointed with those numbers. BRP needs to change their numbers on the website.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You can adjust your shock preload to get more ground clearance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's the problem with BRP's website specs, all the Mavericks specs are based on the base model, not the specific model. It's misleading.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The suspension was already a little stiff I thought, would hate to stiffen it more!! Actually was thinking of loosening the preload and the compression to get it to ride better!! The web does show the same numbers initially, but if you scroll down it shows the correct width of 60", but does not give an updated number for the GROUND CLEARANCE!! Very misleading I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts