Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are none to be found I decided to make some for the front today.

Installed the lights while I was at it to.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
nice !

·
Registered
266 Posts
That should work good !!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good what did you make them out of?
I had ordered the extentions for the XP 900 and only put them on the front and used the rears for the front of the Maverick.

There was a guy selling them on ebay.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size lights are those?
They are the new 6" with the center 4 LED's being spot and the outer 4 on each side are Flood. Best of both worlds for my kind of riding.
If you order the lights get the wire harness it is well worth the 25.00 comes with a relay setup, however I did not use the off/on button I used a toggle switch because when off it has a red led light that stays on and I was worried it would run the battery down if not ran in a week or two.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just to make sure I understand this. The flares are XP 900 rear flares. Did u have to make any mod's to get them to fit the front
of your Maverick.
by the way they look great. Looks like a must for mud'er.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The guy sells a set for all 4 wheels for the xp900, I used the fronts on the xp and the rears on the front of the maverick. I took a old bolt cut the head off put it in a drill and spun it on a bench grinder to put a point. Screwed it in one hole with about 1/4" of the point sticking out then used a mallet to tap the flare to mark the bolt hole locations one at a time.
Up by the headlight I used a stainless screw since there are no screws in that area.
I also use a heat gun to form it around the headlight area and to bend the bottom flap back.

Just incase you wanted to know

·
Registered
806 Posts
your roof looks cool. just ordered utv's. wish i wud of seen that one 1st.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wat roof is that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its made by audioformz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts