Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been quite a... pain in the butt. Seems I got one problem fixed and another pops up.

2019 Maverick Sport 1000R Max (sorry, typo in thread title).

Cold engine, starts and idles okay. Sport or Eco mode, high gear or low, no check engine light. Until the engine is warmed up, hot, it will not accelerate through 3500-4000 rpm. It gets into that range and starts surging. Hard accel then decel. Pedal on the floor.

Once hot it will hesitate through that RPM range then run right up to 78 mph.

I’m waiting for a new O2 sensor, never replaced during my last “problems”, and asking about anything similar?

So far, 2700 miles on the machine, new aftermarket fuel pump, new fuel filter, new spark plugs (3rd Set), new O2 sensor relay, cleaned and dielectric grease on all engine harness plugs. Cleaned and dielectric grease gas pedal sensor. 2 different dealers, lotsa $$$ and down time. Gettin’ old...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yessir, thanks. Blew lotsa dirt out, checked it over, belt and all okay.

With the unit in Park revving the engine slowly up to 3500-4000 rpm will cause the same surging, so cannot be the clutch or belt.

I see, on the Rocky Mtn Atv website OEM parts catalog, that my unit has no MAF sensor. It’s a pressure/temperature sensor in the intake manifold. I’ve cleaned and greased the connector but, if the new O2 sensor doesn’t work, I’ll replace that.

???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts