Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone tried the difference between the Long Travel HCR suspension Vs the RZR 1000 walker evans stock...
I already sold my RZR900 and change to the Maverick side..., but after testing the RZR 1000 i was very disappointed about the Maverick suspension and I’m searching what’s the best mod i could do to be near this suspension.
Already speak with Alex and he’s working on something but still don’t finished yet, and only changing my shocks or revalving them would not be enough to match the RZR 1000...
anyone???:big smile:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You will need a LT kit to increase the travel, then you will be good to go.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The HCR is ok... as a play suspension- a number of other choices out there tho- my advice is to wait another month or two for Alex to get his suspension into production.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The xp stock suspension is not up to par. Two of my buddies have gotten rid of the stock shocks on there buggies. They can't stand the walker Evans shocks on the xp

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did anyone tried the difference between the Long Travel HCR suspension Vs the RZR 1000 walker evans stock...
I already sold my RZR900 and change to the Maverick side..., but after testing the RZR 1000 i was very disappointed about the Maverick suspension and I’m searching what’s the best mod i could do to be near this suspension.
Already speak with Alex and he’s working on something but still don’t finished yet, and only changing my shocks or revalving them would not be enough to match the RZR 1000...
anyone???:big smile:
I have a good friend that has a rzr 1000. We did a lot of testing with it. The suspension on it is far from nice. The trailering arms move in a arch at full tilt, making the rear tires only have approx 25% contact with the ground. Then starts the bucking from the rear, what a joke! I am not positive, but I think you just need yours tuned to match your riding style. The claim of more (suspension travel) from polaris is not what everyone thinks. In true desert racing their design is a huge flaw. But the majority of people out there just need to be told what to buy and how to think. Polaris has a excellent marketing department.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts