Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Nice! Did you just bolt the ram mount on to the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I just used 4 stainless steel bolts and wingnuts with blue lock-tight. It was easy to get to and works really well. I have a longer ram mount arm that I can use to put it right above the tablet holder on the dash. I now just need to add a second ram ball behind the glove box so I can put it in front of the passenger when they are acting as a navigator.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Guy I spoke to who sells them all the time says the HDS 7 is overkill for what we are wanting. He said the Elite 7 ti gen 2 is the way to go and the internal antenna is more than enough.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Guy I spoke to who sells them all the time says the HDS 7 is overkill for what we are wanting. He said the Elite 7 ti gen 2 is the way to go and the internal antenna is more than enough.
I would check with your guide before doing that. Their are some big differences between them. A guy who sales them and a guy who takes people 1k+ into Mexico might have diffreant view on what is over kill. Just check before your good deal turns into buying two and not such a good deal. I'm not an expert but when I purchased mine a few years ago the hds was much easier to navigate and use vs the elite7. Just a suggestion

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I would check with your guide before doing that. Their are some big differences between them. A guy who sales them and a guy who takes people 1k+ into Mexico might have diffreant view on what is over kill. Just check before your good deal turns into buying two and not such a good deal. I'm not an expert but when I purchased mine a few years ago the hds was much easier to navigate and use vs the elite7. Just a suggestion
The guy who takes people into Mexico 1k+ miles is the one who told me and sold it to me over the phone.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
It makes it nice to be able to watch a movie when on a long ride

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do any of you have a Lowrance Hook 7? I just got the PCI Western States Chip, plugged the chip into card reader and I cannot seem to operate GPS at all. It keeps flashing back and forth between "location found" and "do not use this as a main source of navigation." I tried letting it run its course for a few minutes thinking it needed to load up, but with ill results. I spoke with PCI before I purchased and they said it would work with this unit. Any ideas of what I may be doing wrong? I'll call them later but thought someone may have had this problem before.

·
Premium Member
6,982 Posts
Do any of you have a Lowrance Hook 7? I just got the PCI Western States Chip, plugged the chip into card reader and I cannot seem to operate GPS at all. It keeps flashing back and forth between "location found" and "do not use this as a main source of navigation." I tried letting it run its course for a few minutes thinking it needed to load up, but with ill results. I spoke with PCI before I purchased and they said it would work with this unit. Any ideas of what I may be doing wrong? I'll call them later but thought someone may have had this problem before.
pull the card out and see if it works without. There have been known to be some bad PCI cards out there.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
It took me a few map chips from PCI before I got one that worked. They were having issues with the sdmi cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the Lowrance Elite 9ti in the center of my buggy above the switches using a short but big Ram mount. I also purchased the ATV & Snowmobile trail maps from VVMapping here in Michigan. Works great in the U.P. on longer rides.

M

41 - 60 of 81 Posts