Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this in the Maverick Discussion Section, Please move to appropriate section if need be.

I bought a Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 3 GPS because of previous experience with the Lowrance/Polaris XTR GPS, and must say a I am more than just a little disappointed with the HDS7's base map. Many of my riding areas on the HDS7 do not even show the usual trail system like the XTR did.

Has anybody with the HDS7 upgraded their base map, and with what??? For the XTR I had the Topo Insight HD Southwest V14 but it did not show zoomed details enough to my liking. We ride the Mojave Desert and Mammoth area and looking for an upgraded base map that show roads and trails in these areas primarily, or the southwest.

Currently, the only upgrades available that I see are the Lowrance Topo Insight Pro West, PCI Radio’s Predefined Stock Mapping Detail and Fast Tracks – North America by Rugged Routes. I do not want to mess with mapping software and making my own maps, I’m too lazy and technical challenged, just to plug and play sorta-speek.

Anybody have any experience with any of these upgrades and how is the trail detailing? Don’t want to spend the money with these, not so cheep upgrades and be once again disappointed with the quality and details.

·
Registered
47 Posts
H UnKnown,I am currently going through the same issue, can you tell me what you end up with as far as MAPS for your HDS 7 Gen 3 - PleaseThanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I Have the Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3, I tried the fast tracks rugged Routes and I was very disappointed in the lack of detail, Its very basic. I also spoke with the owner Steven Lutz who is very flaky and makes promises he can not keep about his product. I too am looking for a better option for my Lowrance. So frustrating!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I Have the Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3, I tried the fast tracks rugged Routes and I was very disappointed in the lack of detail, Its very basic. I also spoke with the owner Steven Lutz who is very flaky and makes promises he can not keep about his product. I too am looking for a better option for my Lowrance. So frustrating!
Hi - thanks for that as I was going to get one of their map for Big Bear area.

As to the original question, I pulled the plug and paid the 149.00 for the PCI TOPO HD SouthWest card. Now that is in very detail..

How do you like the HD(, I was going that way too but got talked out of it and went with the HDS7 instead..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi - thanks for that as I was going to get one of their map for Big Bear area.

As to the original question, I pulled the plug and paid the 149.00 for the PCI TOPO HD SouthWest card. Now that is in very detail..

How do you like the HD(, I was going that way too but got talked out of it and went with the HDS7 instead..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I could be wrong, but I think that the HDS 9 and HDS 7 are pretty much the same as far as operation, except for the fact that the HDS 9 is a 9" screen and the HDS 7 is of course a 7" screen.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I like the 9" screen, its easy to see and it fits perfect in place of my rearview mirror. there is a bracket with 3 holes if you take off the mirror. I only had to shorten the Lowrance mounting bracket (welded it ) and it workout great. I got the video adaptor cord and hooked up a back up camera to the Lowrance. The mirror was useless because I have the Linq rack so this was just perfect. IMG_2789.JPG IMG_2787.JPG IMG_2790.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts