Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a dumb question, but how are you guys lowering your bikes? Just tightening down the preload spring?

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
to lower it you would loosen the nut on the shock, then you will have to adjust your clickers for a lower ride heigth. Why do you wan tto lower it?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I already drag on trails, why lower?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't, but I do feel top heavy a lot. I've been messing with my shocks trying to get them dialed in how I like. Problem is I ride across a lot of different terrain. Mainly sand. I just don't like how sloppy it feels with the compressions all the way let out. Rebound is 2 clicks slower than stock. Sometimes when I make big jumps it bucks the ass end up and I end up nose diving

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm fixing to start running in some endurance type woods races, and I need to get something figured out. Maybe I will try stiffening up the preload some.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with AReed for a good bit. He's gonna have me fixed up. Gonna revalve my shocks. Waiting on a dual rate spring pack once he gets that all lined out. Gonna try the shocks out next weekend in my first race.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I bought elka shock they are about 2 inch lower with the same wheel travel
So do you have the same amount of up travel with a lower ride height or do they just have the vehicle sitting lower?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts