Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys if my lack of searching for this specific issue has gone south

2014 xrs dps with now 10 hours has a jerking motion at low speeds and at low turning speeds too
Is this normal?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
mine seams to do it in low gear when I first get on the gas lightly

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mines doing it when I slow to get around obstacle or just starting out prior to flooring the throttle. ...?..

·
Registered
92 Posts
probably your belt, once you slip it and it starts to get hot spots. Your belt will jerk at low speeds

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm k. So guess I will make note for dealer as it's going in for FIRST service this week

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure if it was just part of the break in period

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Can't believe it's the belt already with only 10 hrs on it. I've beat the hell out of mine and no slow speed jerking. Did not break in my belt real nice either.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Doggin on it while your in high gear is bad for belt. Keeping it floored equals better belt life. Use low is your doing technical stuff.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HMMM Dogging on it in HIGH gear is bad? it should be able to handle the HIGH speed thrusts right? I could see Dogging on LOW gear but HIGH should be good for BEST PERFORMANCE??? :(

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
You just have to know how the cvt works on a canam When your barely on the throttle in between engagement the belt is slipping And if you keep it at the position it will make flat spots on the belt you can't run around under 5mph in high gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AHHHH i see what you saying so if i am just cruising around or taking it easy i should be in LOW or ECO mode? HIGH is like power breaking a vehicle if i am just moving slow?

·
Registered
317 Posts
low speed jeerking does not do it for me, i have to hit 88mph to achieve the desired outcome.
Mega, does it take you back to 1985 when you hit 88mph? :haha:

Mine jerks at low speed also, but I slipped it a bit when I first got the mav using high when I should have been using low. 600 miles later and I am still on that same belt, but I carry the spare just in case!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well Fudge this seems more to me as i must have screwed the belt up, not knowing that HIGH option at low speeds will do that. :(:shocked:

·
Banned
546 Posts
When mine starts jerking I tell the lady to get on the lap =)

Reactions: crazywes

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You just have to know how the cvt works on a canam When your barely on the throttle in between engagement the belt is slipping And if you keep it at the position it will make flat spots on the belt you can't run around under 5mph in high gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I agree this is most likely what is happening.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL...GOOD IDEA WICKED.......:haha:

·
Banned
546 Posts
I told her that's the machine telling her its time

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well Fudge this seems more to me as i must have screwed the belt up, not knowing that HIGH option at low speeds will do that. :(:shocked:
You can run in high gear at lower speeds but try not to crawl with it. The stock primary doesn't apply a whole lot of side force on the belts at initial engagement. So like others said, try to keep your rpm's up a bit or use low gear if you really need to crawl.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts