Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Low Range Sport Mode

71K views 123 replies 47 participants last post by  TheKid 
#1 ·
Here's a link to something that I think all Mavericks will need! We need to see if it works for us though. There's usually someone selling it on ebay. Or you can make one yourself. Page 3 in the link has a diagram for the do it yourselfer http://www.commanderforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7130
low range sport mode

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Please do.

Reactions: maybejake13
#4 · (Edited)
The seller messaged me this morning and said he shipped it today! I should be able to run it against Desertdog next Sunday and Monday, so you'll have two of us reviewing it! I ordered one instead of making my own, because if you make your own you have to cut a couple of wires. But with the plug-and-play harness, you can take it off for any warranty work.

#5 ·
Did he say it should work on the maverick?

#8 ·
Good if it does work on the mav I will be ordering one too.

#9 ·
Any updates?:big smile:

#10 ·
It works! If you use low range, buy the harness, or you can make your own. It's $190 on ebay, and $10 if you make one. I chose to buy one because of my extended warranty. The instructions are VERY good and easy to follow. It's a simple plug and play. The ecu is very intrusive in the stock low range. This mod makes it like should be.

#16 ·
Got my harness last week. JUST NEED MAVERICK TO PUT IT ON............

#18 ·
#36 ·
Thanks, just ordered one of these and saved $20

#22 ·
It gives you sport mode when in low range. Without it you cannot be in low range with sport mode on. Sport mode give you all the available h.p. the maverick has to offer.

Reactions: Gr8msl
#23 ·
Put your car in low, and try a little rock crawling with a little bit of speed mixed in. You'll notice that the computer seems to have control of the throttle pedal, instead of you. This wiring harness tricks the computer into thinking that you're in high range, so that the throttle action feels like it does in high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.