Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a link to something that I think all Mavericks will need! We need to see if it works for us though. There's usually someone selling it on ebay. Or you can make one yourself. Page 3 in the link has a diagram for the do it yourselfer http://www.commanderforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7130
low range sport mode

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Please do.

Reactions: maybejake13

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The seller messaged me this morning and said he shipped it today! I should be able to run it against Desertdog next Sunday and Monday, so you'll have two of us reviewing it! I ordered one instead of making my own, because if you make your own you have to cut a couple of wires. But with the plug-and-play harness, you can take it off for any warranty work.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Did he say it should work on the maverick?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. He said he tried it on a Maverick on Saturday and it worked. But I'll be his first Maverick customer. The post office is open today, so I should have it at the end of the week.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the wiring harness today! I'll be installing it tomorrow, and I'll run it against a stock Maverick on Sunday and Monday. I'll be reporting back on it's performance. This is my first mod for performance :):):)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Good if it does work on the mav I will be ordering one too.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Any updates?:big smile:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It works! If you use low range, buy the harness, or you can make your own. It's $190 on ebay, and $10 if you make one. I chose to buy one because of my extended warranty. The instructions are VERY good and easy to follow. It's a simple plug and play. The ecu is very intrusive in the stock low range. This mod makes it like should be.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I leave mine in sport mode and sport low all the time, so I zip tied both switches to a tube behind the switch panel. That freed up 2 switch spots.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got my harness last week. JUST NEED MAVERICK TO PUT IT ON............

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 20 of 124 Posts