Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Maverick x3 Turbo R
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost I am a noob to the can am world. Just bought a 2017 x3 turbo r. Has 744 miles one it, 54 hours. Thing needed a stator. Swapped the stator out aswell as an oil change and coolant change since all oil and coolant was drained. Now after everything is back together low oil pressure comes across the screen and the motor developed a tap at idle. Run it up for 2k rpm light goes away.

Did some reading and some people were saying they had low oil pressure after the oil change and to run it to get it bouncing around to see if it works itself out.

It only happens at idle. I took it down the road, all kinds of power, motor sounded fine went about 60. Turned around came back to my shop, light was off for a few seconds then engine light came back on saying low oil pressure. Light stays on 2-5 seconds. Then shuts off. About 5-10 seconds later light comes back. And after idling a few min the motor starts to tap. I've seen people talk about adding an oil pressure sense but due to the machine starting to tap im thinking it's actually getting low oil pressure.

I did run it about half a mile with tight turns and such trying to push and air pocket that could be stuck out but didnt seem to have much luck.

I used rotella, 5w40 oil in the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Due to this Corona virus stuff dealerships in my state are shut down until further notice so the option of bringing it to them is out for now

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'd pull the oil filter and check the o-rings, make sure everything looks ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts