Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody else get a low oil message on their display for a second on cold starts? Mine does briefly and the engine light is on for about 2 seconds on cold starts. I can understand if a sensor isn't getting enough pressure during cranking but am wondering if this is common or not. Machine has 17 miles on it. I have checked the oil and it's full. It's also around 35-40* here right now so then oil is a little thicker. So is this pretty common?

Here's a video of it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Does it do it if you shut it off and then right back on again? If it only does it for a few seconds on the initial start, I would't worry about it.....I have an oil pressure gauge installed on mine so the next time I start it, I will see if my pressure takes a second to build or not....

Reactions: mrtosh

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny thing is I known I should've checked that but didn't. Basically started it today and let it warm up, moved it and washed it. When I went to start it after washing it I want to say it didn't come on.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha....I think you are good to go......it's good that you actually noticed that. My wife can't even seem to see that she is out of gas until the car dies!

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm mechanically OCD lol. Very particular about any of my builds/toys/and daily drivers. So I over analyze any little character flaw in a machine. Especially a new one such as this. I kind of figured it was just the ECM reading the sensor before the oil had time to circulate but its good to hear others experience this as well. I know it was an issue with Commanders.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well it is nice to know the sensor actually works :smile:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Mine does to on cold start up. But thats it. When its warm i never see it anymore.

Reactions: mrtosh
1 - 10 of 10 Posts