Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding today with a 900 at the end of ride we pulled on blacktop and raced.he took me by a good three lengths I got up to speed and stayed at that distance only could get 75 out of it.he had some 15 inch bf Goodrich's on I have 28 itp blackwater evoulution .I know what your going to say and I don't have the money for new clutches this year I do have a Dalton kit coming and new black violet spring .

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
it happens

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I here ya I think the guy had a little bit work done to it he was quick to offer that he use to race sleds and if I needed any clutch work done to call him.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya I bet he had the bolt ons and clutch work like u said above that will make the difference ,

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
i'm sure those street tires weigh less than the 28" ITP's you were running…that will make a big difference especially since you were still running the stock clutch setup...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u had sport mode on right lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool guy though might be a new job opportunity for being a millwright.I gained forty pounds over stock tires and rims .

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes I did have sport mode on it hit 7950 rpms it just took off real slow as it got going I stayed right with .

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will have to see what canam is releasing in a week for power increase and I do hope to get new clutches

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
His tires will make a huge difference on blacktop, but he had to have mods done. My bone stock Mav beat up on stock XP's every single time.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The only 900 I have lost to was an Alba stage 1 (damnit Nate lol), and that was top end only. Otherwise I roast them.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
if u google maverick vs xp900 - 9 out of 10 races the mav win's

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah something's not right and he must have mods.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
9/20, 21, and 22 are the dates for the SSSS. I would bet on Sat, the 21st.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Last year the Maverick release was Thursday night at 6:00pm, so I would expect something similar. That way more people can see whatever they release and start the buzz.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts