Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. 2021 can am x3 turbo rr. If someone looses both the gray and green key of their can am x3 can the dealer program another key for you? Or will they have to replace the ignition, ecu, and cluster. Or what would be the process can they be programmed with the buds system without a key.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
I think they should be able to program one for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
you must take the car to the dealer to get a key made

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello there so I took it and they said that I need at least one key to program another. I don't have any nor the green or gray key. If I change the rfid do you think that would do it or does it need a new ecu aswell.

·
Premium Member
11,840 Posts
Hello there so I took it and they said that I need at least one key to program another. I don't have any nor the green or gray key. If I change the rfid do you think that would do it or does it need a new ecu aswell.
Why don't you have a key? How does your car run?

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
225 Posts
You can buy a key from Amazon and program it with software and tuner. The factory dealer can certainly program you a key BUT they will probably want proof of ownership first. Title or registration in your name ect.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why don't you have a key? How does your car run?
Lost keys during a move. Obviously it doesn't run with out them thats what I'm saying.
You can buy a key from Amazon and program it with software and tuner. The factory dealer can certainly program you a key BUT they will probably want proof of ownership first. Title or registration in your name ect.
Don't they just use the buds system to do it or is there another software they use.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
225 Posts

Lost keys during a move. Obviously it doesn't run with out them thats what I'm saying.

Don't they just use the buds system to do it or is there another software they use.
Yes Buds but my Evo Maptuner also does it but your vehicles VIN needs to be licensed on the maptuner so I can't make just any key. Did the dealer ask for your registration?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
you do not need a old key to program an new key

·
Administrator
3,194 Posts
You dont need the old key but they do need the x3

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
This is exactly the way it should be IMO. Unless that particular dealership happens to be a damned chop-shop, they, and all dealerships, could be able to recover a reported stolen machine. Any and all workaround methods posted on the internet are defeating the D.E.S.S.'s purpose.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
you do not need a old key to program an new key
Agreed. I’ve hidden mine a few times on my Maverick & Outlanders to make an attempt at preventing theft only to forget where I put them and needing to make a trip to the dealer. Fortunately the new keys are cheaper than a theft deductible.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I have one key that fits all my rf dess brp toys
it stays in my glove box in the truck
if you have a spare...your guaranteed not to loose your key...lol
all brp dess keys are interchangeable between brands
so a skidoo key will fit my seadoo and canam
remember the key is not programed
the toy is programmed to use the key
so one key can fit many toys
last, the color of the key does not make any difference