Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my machine last July and never really noticed any issues with the ACS. Every now and then I will get an "Air Fault" on the dash, but before I can look into it it goes away.

Today I backed it out of the garage to do a little better job cleaning up underneath and thought I could hear an air leak. I had the ACS on 6, the machine turned off and there was air leaking from both of the fittings in the rear that T off from the main line to each of the shocks. I spray water in the area and sure enough I can see bubbles and still hear the leak.

I'm not sure if these loose lines are part of a recall or not. I can't even see if they are something that I could simply tighten up to stop the leak. Does anyone know 1) If this is a threaded fitting? 2) If it is, what size wrench? 3) How the heck do I reach this fitting without removing the entire exhaust?

I'll call the dealership tomorrow, but curious on a Sunday night if anyone else has had a similar problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
same problem, swaged onto the tee, 8 or 10mm nut to remove "t" heatshield, 2 8mm line clamps, 2 rivets on a arms to drill out, 1 10mm line clamp under skidplate, the replacement part comes with the accumulator, i just used the old one. only hard part was replacing the rivets.

I bought my machine last July and never really noticed any issues with the ACS. Every now and then I will get an "Air Fault" on the dash, but before I can look into it it goes away.

Today I backed it out of the garage to do a little better job cleaning up underneath and thought I could hear an air leak. I had the ACS on 6, the machine turned off and there was air leaking from both of the fittings in the rear that T off from the main line to each of the shocks. I spray water in the area and sure enough I can see bubbles and still hear the leak.

I'm not sure if these loose lines are part of a recall or not. I can't even see if they are something that I could simply tighten up to stop the leak. Does anyone know 1) If this is a threaded fitting? 2) If it is, what size wrench? 3) How the heck do I reach this fitting without removing the entire exhaust?

I'll call the dealership tomorrow, but curious on a Sunday night if anyone else has had a similar problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I'll need to start tearing into this after Memorial Day, but until then I'm pretty sure I'm going to cover the entire thing with and epoxy or high temp silicone sealer. The brake lines that run through don't seem to be and issue so as long as I can stop the air from going anyplace else it should hold up until I can get time to wrench on it a bit more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts