Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is the first I've seen one! Not sure why it needs shields though......

·
Premium Member
10,003 Posts
LTs have always been very, very loud exhausts. Take that into consideration.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just got back from a 2 month hiatus . I really need to hear this. I bet it is loud.

·
Premium Member
10,003 Posts
They run louder than Two Bros Exhaust? I had one on a Raptor and to date they've been some of the loudest I've seen in a long time.
Yep. On my Rhino, they used to set off car alarms, LOL. And not from close range either!

·
Registered
454 Posts
The straight pipes IMHO aren't that loud..... But I've been around motorcycles that have been headache load!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
There's a video of one driving around on Facebook in the Maverick group. I don't know, it sounds pretty stock to me actually. I am anxious to get my single Gibson installed. I cut my cat off today and welded a straight pipe in and dropped both off to get ceramic coated tungsten gray. Can't wait to get it them back and install them!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Actually I just went back and watched it again with my Bluetooth speaker connected and it doesn't sound bad. Definitely seems really loud, but has a good tone in my opinion. I don't like the look of it myself though and is too loud for me

·
Registered
637 Posts
There's a video of one driving around on Facebook in the Maverick group. I don't know, it sounds pretty stock to me actually. I am anxious to get my single Gibson installed. I cut my cat off today and welded a straight pipe in and dropped both off to get ceramic coated tungsten gray. Can't wait to get it them back and install them!
You will likely be very happy with the Gibson single. Turbo sings nicely w/ cat delete and the car has instant badass points when started. Full throttle is even better.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I imagine it can't be much louder than the Empire exhaust, but I could be wrong. I have an empire on my sport quad, quiet at idle and SCREAMS once you open it up.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I installed the Looney Tuned exhaust today. Nice looking and fairly straight forward to install. I checked the sound level before and after with my Checkmate CM-140. Pretty accurate meter and has served me well in places that have noise limits.
Stock Peak 85 dBA at 10' 4' off the surface. Straight behind the center of the car.
LT installed 93.6 dBA with the same testing configuration.
I still have the stock cat in place so that helps a lot with the sound level.

It sounds really good for basically a 4" can hanging off of the cat. I am working on getting my camera setup somewhere to record it.
The results from my butt dyno place the performance somewhere between a Prius and a Top Fuel dragster. I will say that the clutch is reacting differently on pavement now. I can definitely feel the clutch shift out a lot harder when I mash it at 25mph to 70mph not in a bad way just different. It does seem quicker but I have no actual proof of that. I purchased the quietcore with it and may give that a whirl when I have some free time.
A word of warning about the exhaust. If you are the kind of person that needs detailed instructions to complete any task this might be a struggle for you to complete on your own. Fortunately they have pictures of what it is supposed to look like and that is really all I need. If anyone from LT is reading this it is way easier to install the heat shields before you install the pipe.
I am really not sure what the stock muffler weighs but the but the LT is 13lbs shipping weight and it is significantly lighter than the stock muffler.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I installed the Looney Tuned exhaust today. Nice looking and fairly straight forward to install. I checked the sound level before and after with my Checkmate CM-140. Pretty accurate meter and has served me well in places that have noise limits.
Stock Peak 85 dBA at 10' 4' off the surface. Straight behind the center of the car.
LT installed 93.6 dBA with the same testing configuration.
I still have the stock cat in place so that helps a lot with the sound level.

It sounds really good for basically a 4" can hanging off of the cat. I am working on getting my camera setup somewhere to record it.
The results from my butt dyno place the performance somewhere between a Prius and a Top Fuel dragster. I will say that the clutch is reacting differently on pavement now. I can definitely feel the clutch shift out a lot harder when I mash it at 25mph to 70mph not in a bad way just different. It does seem quicker but I have no actual proof of that. I purchased the quietcore with it and may give that a whirl when I have some free time.
A word of warning about the exhaust. If you are the kind of person that needs detailed instructions to complete any task this might be a struggle for you to complete on your own. Fortunately they have pictures of what it is supposed to look like and that is really all I need. If anyone from LT is reading this it is way easier to install the heat shields before you install the pipe.
I am really not sure what the stock muffler weighs but the but the LT is 13lbs shipping weight and it is significantly lighter than the stock muffler.
Sound clips/vids?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts