Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Can Am came up short in more ways than one. It's no big deal getting a few more ponies out of the Wildcat and Artic Cat will have a more powerful engine soon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks like Can Am came up short in more ways than one. It's no big deal getting a few more ponies out of the Wildcat and Artic Cat will have a more powerful engine soon.
I am not sure this is a game changer reading the specs. Should be a good alternate choice. I like the looks but I needs tos rides one.

·
Registered
229 Posts
So what are the short comings in you honest opinion, and what are you comparing these short comings too... XP/Wildcat???

·
Registered
5 Posts
the only shortcoming I see so far is no power steering.. guess the aftermarket or the commander system will have to feel the void.. but for 17.5k for the X-RS it should be standard. Or maybe I'm just reading an incomplete spec sheet so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what are the short comings in you honest opinion, and what are you comparing these short comings too... XP/Wildcat???
Not enough suspension travel and too short on the wheel base. I am very disappointed in this as I wanted to buy one. I do believe Can Am has the best fit and finish/attention to detail and I am a Rotax fan.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Would like to see video with it and xp comparison. I think the sxs,s are going be so close my decision gonna come down to best dealer service. We will see

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not enough suspension travel and too short on the wheel base. I am very disappointed in this as I wanted to buy one. I do believe Can Am has the best fit and finish/attention to detail and I am a Rotax fan.
Ahhhhhh, so you mean they literally came up short!! LOL :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Is it possible that they left the dps out if it was designed for dunes only ? I guess it is not so tough to steer in sand but what do i know i have never ridden a sxs before. just thinking. But for my kind of trails if i would get one some time than i say no dps is a lack for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For Dirt, Ruts and such, Power Steering would be nice, I almost added it to my Commander this past spring prior to a big trip to St A's...in the Dunes......
After being at St. A's for a bit I totally forgot about the thought that I might need it there...
Again, for Dirt, Ruts and stuff, it sure would be nice....
I guess Wicked Bilt will be busy again!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like the machine. Seems like no matter what they come out with, someone will complain about something. That's the way people are now-a-days. have to be a negative critic rather than appreciating the awesome machines that are available to us. The companies building side by sides will hit it out of the park on occasion, but nobody will ever hit a grand slam. I loved the rzr xp900, also loved driving the wildcat, and I think that this one will top them all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm impressed, just not blown away enough to be one of the guinea pigs and it seems pretty similar to the Commander in some ways. Sitting on top of the engine is not appealing to me, but the power and suspension seem really nice. Wish some of you guys would hurry up and get them and tell us how they do out in the real world, you never can tell much by the manufacturers promo vids.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Can the visco lock be upgraded? I have rode trails and hill limbs with commanders when they could not keep up with a rhino.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts