Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! im Brittany im a can-am/sxs and business owner and would love to meet new people to camp and ride with im Glamis. Im trying to go halloween 2021 if anyone would love a fun drama free addition to their camp! :)
:)

i have been many times to glamis over the last 5 years but my usual camp isn't going as frequently.

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Lots of us hit Glamis. Plenty of good people to camp with.
Have you been before?
Tent or RV?

How much riding experience?

Any dune experience?

Some of those answers will help you find a good fit.

Tim

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Tim has given you great starter questions. Halloween is usually a zoo, and shit show. Crashes, roll overs, you name it. Seems like everybody just disregards everbody else.

And there's also the weather. I've been in Glamis when it was high 80s to low 90s, and it was pretty good and tolerable. I've been the on Halloween when it was 105 and miserable! Quick morning ride, then the rest of the day in the moho, AC on max, bearly keeping you cool. Can't compensate for that type of heat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots of us hit Glamis. Plenty of good people to camp with.
Have you been before?
Tent or RV?

How much riding experience?

Any dune experience?

Some of those answers will help you find a good fit.

Tim
Thanks for writing back! i have been many times to glamis over the last 5 years but my usual camp isn't going as frequently. i usually rent a bumper pull to get dropped.. no tents for me LOL...also looking to connect with other female drivers a plus since i know there are not many. im originally from TN and live in Los Angeles now.

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
We do not really have any female drives but lots of wives with most of the guys.

We typically camp at the end of Gecko or pad 3 or 5.

If you're still looking for a group at Halloween PM me.

We will be dropping off our rigs October 1st at GDS then shakedown run the 16th.

First official trip will be Halloween.

Tim

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Tim has given you great starter questions. Halloween is usually a zoo, and shit show. Crashes, roll overs, you name it. Seems like everybody just disregards everbody else.

And there's also the weather. I've been in Glamis when it was high 80s to low 90s, and it was pretty good and tolerable. I've been the on Halloween when it was 105 and miserable! Quick morning ride, then the rest of the day in the moho, AC on max, bearly keeping you cool. Can't compensate for that type of heat.
I live up the dirt road from Glamis. I can't remember it being 100 at the end of October. Went back to 2000 and highest I found was 90. That's perfect weather IMO.

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome from Sisters Oregon central Oregon is a nice place to ride for trails & forest service roads but not much sand. Have fun & be safe.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Mega identifies as a female when he drives his X3. Does that count? LOL.

Halloween can get toasty. Even with no Camp RZR this year it will be a zoo out there. Depending on weather I am hoping to make my first trip in October. Probably hit up the So Cal desert before then.

One of the best weekends in Glamis is Vets weekend. Weather is good and no huge crowds.

Reactions: BLR and Tmesic

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Please post a pic of your Can am with you as the owner in the pic

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
What's with all the suspicion? 🤷‍♂️

Tim

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
What's with all the suspicion? 🤷‍♂️

Tim
Definitely not the "thanks for writing back" comment :) I just want to see her Can Am....since this is a Can Am forum :)

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Definitely not the "thanks for writing back" comment :) I just want to see her Can Am....since this is a Can Am forum :)
I'm just glad you didn't say "show me yours and I'll show you mine"! 😂

Tim

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm just glad you didn't say "show me yours and I'll show you mine"! 😂

Tim
Just trying to protect your kidneys and bank account from waking up in her tent and not being able to move your lower body Timbo !

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Just trying to protect your kidneys and bank account from waking up in her tent and not being able to move your lower body Timbo !
Okay that made me LAUGH! 😂😂

Good one!

And thank you for looking out for me!

Tim

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Okay that made me LAUGH! 😂😂

Good one!

And thank you for looking out for me!

Tim

FYI......Youre the one who asked her "how much riding experience do you have? ".........your kidneys are probably worthless by now anyway :) lol !!! ☠

1 - 20 of 36 Posts