Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Looking for Pics and Ideas for GPS / I pad locations for navagation

6K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Bunk 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just picked up my First Can AM, Super stoked on it. I am want to do a GPS and i am wondering what people are using. I was thinking in the center on the dash an maybe do a custom box. I see some are useing a Ipad it that a better option ?

Thanks

#2 ·
I have both Ipad on a tablet holder and my lowerance mounted above my mirror

Attachments

#3 ·
Samsung Tab A 10.1 running Back Country Nav Pro in a Ram Mount with an InvisiGlass screen protector.

$12 from the Google Play store, no other fees for updates or maps unless you want to pay for the specialized ones, but the Cal-Topo maps that are free have been working fine for me.

Import/export GPX files, does breadcrumbs, runs on WiFi, and plays downloaded NetFlix movies when you're done riding at the end of the day.

-Kris

#26 ·
Excuse me sir, but is that a full size ipad?

#12 ·
I bought the Lowrance HDS7 with their center mount, it's in the perfect spot for me. Wires up very easily and does more than I know what to do with it right now.

View attachment 244483
I think your confused or from austrailia or other country with right hand drivers, your sparco seats supposed to be on the left side of the vehicle (lol)

#15 ·
Lowrance HDS7 in the center of the dash, in a custom mount so you can remove the GPS unit in seconds. I had a local fabricator make mine and my buddies.

The mount that PCI sells makes it too easy to steal if you're going to leave your CanAm overnight somewhere.

#23 ·
Here is the direction i am heading in now, As you can see i opted for the HDS7, durability was a key factor for me on this disision. I have broke to may i pads, adn i did not wan to add to my phone bill. I am also going to set up a place to mount my phone so i can have the best of both worlds. when i chose to. I am looking at the Rugged set up for mu Radio and intercom that will fit nicely below. I am still contemplating on doing a custom cover got the Lowrance too.

Vehicle Technology Car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.