Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just picked up my First Can AM, Super stoked on it. I am want to do a GPS and i am wondering what people are using. I was thinking in the center on the dash an maybe do a custom box. I see some are useing a Ipad it that a better option ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Hey guys, I just picked up my First Can AM, Super stoked on it. I am want to do a GPS and i am wondering what people are using. I was thinking in the center on the dash an maybe do a custom box. I see some are useing a Ipad it that a better option ?

Thanks
I have both Ipad on a tablet holder and my lowerance mounted above my mirror

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Samsung Tab A 10.1 running Back Country Nav Pro in a Ram Mount with an InvisiGlass screen protector.

$12 from the Google Play store, no other fees for updates or maps unless you want to pay for the specialized ones, but the Cal-Topo maps that are free have been working fine for me.

Import/export GPX files, does breadcrumbs, runs on WiFi, and plays downloaded NetFlix movies when you're done riding at the end of the day.

-Kris

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
Lowrance GPS mounted in the center of the dash. Using the mounts PCI sells.

Reactions: Mr Ted and AZSteele

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Because he gets lost easily.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thats for when search and rescue get the call that a senile person with oldzimers is missing with the call call sign AZ——- that we can guide all the resources in to the expected location (kitchen or garage) once found in the side yard dazed and confused babbling about an ice cream bar that was missing

Reactions: Mr Ted and AZSteele

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
thats for when search and rescue get the call that a senile person with oldzimers is missing with the call call sign AZ——- that we can guide all the resources in to the expected location (kitchen or garage) once found in the side yard dazed and confused babbling about an ice cream bar that was missing
Thanks Dad, sorry about Father's Day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought the Lowrance HDS7 with their center mount, it's in the perfect spot for me. Wires up very easily and does more than I know what to do with it right now.

20190816_114237.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I bought the Lowrance HDS7 with their center mount, it's in the perfect spot for me. Wires up very easily and does more than I know what to do with it right now.

View attachment 244483
I think your confused or from austrailia or other country with right hand drivers, your sparco seats supposed to be on the left side of the vehicle (lol)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Lowrance HDS7 in the center of the dash, in a custom mount so you can remove the GPS unit in seconds. I had a local fabricator make mine and my buddies.

The mount that PCI sells makes it too easy to steal if you're going to leave your CanAm overnight somewhere.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Lowrance HDS7 in the center of the dash, in a custom mount so you can remove the GPS unit in seconds. I had a local fabricator make mine and my buddies.

The mount that PCI sells makes it too easy to steal if you're going to leave your CanAm overnight somewhere.
Pictures ?

·
Registered
531 Posts

I always park my X3 right under my bedroom window of my hauler - try and help yourself to anything and that slide action sound you'll hear is my 12 gauge tactical express loading double-aught........
Nothing on my car including the whole care is worth dying for

·
Registered
353 Posts

I use a nuvi with vvmapping on it for Wisconsin and Michigan. It is slick

Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts