Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy a computer for my maverick so I can have my stock computer to go the dealership with and the other to go have tuned.
thanks, Chase

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
he wants a stock one ,

there is one on ebay with wires and key but 700ish

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'll take $800 for one of these, already flashed.
What is he going to do to get the dash paired with the ecu?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just wanting to save my stock computer for when I need to go to the dealer for warranty purposes. This is my first sxs and didn't know if was just like a vehicle as in you could just swap out computers aslong as the tuned computer had the right vin and stuff. Will I have to swap keys to switch from one to the other?

Also if I just get my factory computer tuned will it void my warranty? I asked the dealer when I bought the mav if cat delete and exhaust would void it and he said no. But cat delete and exhaust is worthless to me if can't have the computer tuned for it.
thanks for your help guys, Chase

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
On my reflash, the dealer can't tell if the computer has been reflashed or not. I have hooked my BUDS system to mine, I can't tell. Your dealer will obviously know, if he drives it though.
I can make the VIN whatever you want, no problem, and program keys, if you need them programmed.
You do not need the computer tuned for an exhaust at all. There is no power in tuning the ecu, even if there were, you can accomplish the same thing with a Powercommander.

Bottom line, best thing to do for a Maverick, is my reflash, then tune your machine to the mods you have, on the machine you have. Every machine is different, and requires a different tune, if you want it to be dialed in. There is no such thing as changing the timing or fuel in the ecu, & magically making more power, and be as safe, like factory. If there were, BRP woulda done it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks Mrrpm, going to get the ct gussets and the shocks reworked first then I might be giving you a call.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not true... Yes an individual dyno tune would be ideal, but recalibrating it to add timing, and redo the fuel curve etc can and will gain power.

You can't say BRP would have done it because they have a LOT more considerations than max power when doing a calibration.

Also... BRP doesn't "individually tune" every single machine. They develop a calibration that works for all the machines and it is within the ecus ability to adjust for the subtle differences between machines, altitude, load, etc.. So you can't say there's no way to develop a calibration that will work for more than one machine because that's exactly how they are from the factory.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The Evolution PowerSports ECU Flash has gained 6hp on the Dyno.... As mrrpm stated your dealer will not see the flash, however could detect it by driving the machine.

Chris
Devious PowerSports

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Anyone can put a machine on the dyno, add good fuel & a Powercommander, for tuning and get results. No need to hard code the timing in the ecu, when the customer can do their timing by themselves, on the fly. Let's say the customer goes out, can't get good gas, no problem, they simply hookup their laptop, adjust timing back, & away they go, not so with a timing increased reflash. It is setup for high octane, & that's it. Let's say they go out in the desert, really hot, their engine & inlet air temp is way up, increased timing IS NOT the way to go. When trying to get more power from the engine, the way to do it is let more heat out, & ore cool air in, not jack the timing way up, & try to run the engine right on the ragged edge of detonation. Yes, these motors have knock sensors, but they don't catch everything, & depending on coding, they can't pull back but so much timing, especially if the engine & inlet air temp is high.

So this devious reflash is supposedly better than BRP's original flash? They are smarter than BRP, that originally developd the engine? They can magically do things that BRP cannot? They know more about an engines needs than the people originally designed it? Somehow they can turn up timing, & still be safe, where BRP cannot?

Come on, let's get real here, if you want a tune that increases timing, no problem I have that, just ask for it. Need a tune that works for a turbo, no problem, just ask. I have custom tunes for different applications, but for most guys, that are running N/A, there in no need in hard coding the timing increase in the ecu, when that can be done in the Powercommander.

Also, for the tightwads reading this, trying to save $11 by going with a cheap tune, I have those also, but mine are even cheaper at $450., & that IS NOT an introductory price, plus, mine are done in house, here at MRRPMCycle.com

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The next best thing on the market is not the best thing on the market. Mr rpm (Greg) is a gear head, not a parts sales guy. He knows his chit, plain and simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Also, for the tightwads reading this, trying to save $11 by going with a cheap tune, I have those also, but mine are even cheaper at $450., & that IS NOT an introductory price, plus, mine are done in house, here at MRRPMCycle.com
What are you saying? You're selling the exact reflash that Evolution is selling for $450 or did you drop the price of your reflash from $500 to $450?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What are you saying? You're selling the exact reflash that Evolution is selling for $450 or did you drop the price of your reflash from $500 to $450?

I am offering a tightwad reflash for $450., The difference? $50.
I don't sell any reflash claiming any bogus HP numbers, power comes from the engine, not the computer.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well you just won't get amore of my money or I won't recommend you to anyone period.That will be the lastime you take me for a ride
No ride, some things get cheaper as time goes on, for example, computers, cars, cell phones, I can go on & on.
I, or anyone, can change their prices at any time.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Well you just won't get amore of my money or I won't recommend you to anyone period.That will be the lastime you take me for a ride
Then you'll never buy another sxs!!!! Lolololol dude check yourself and stop being a whiny crybaby. You paid for a service that he performed. Its up to YOU what YOU are willing to pay. It's called capitalism. It's what makes this country great. He could charge 1,000,000 for the reflash. If someone is willing to pay that amount, then that's what he'll charge. He's put the time and effort into it. He SHOULD be reaping the rewards.

And it's one thing to disagree with something, but to drag someone's name, business, reputation in the mud over $50 is pretty petty to me.
And if you're happy with the flash, then why are you complaining? C'mon man.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 74 Posts