Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Does DJ list the ‘version’ or date of the tunes they have on the site?

I’m looking to take either the aa stage 2 or a DJ tune and tweak it for 5500+ elevation change with little else. Probably makes it .5 leaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I bet their tune is going to be close at that elevation
and you cant tweak a DJ tune they are locked

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
376 Posts
The included PV3 tunes are decent, but they are aggressive on timing. I was getting knock detection on 91 octane at Glamis when I tried it last year.
If your talking about the aa tunes you are suppose to have knock on cyl 2 with 91. -1.5 target range, max of -3. Anything more Octane’s to low for the tune.
I cannot feel the difference between 0 and -1.5 for power delivery.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If your talking about the aa tunes you are suppose to have knock on cyl 2 with 91. -1.5 target range, max of -3. Anything more Octane’s to low for the tune.
I cannot feel the difference between 0 and -1.5 for power delivery.
DynoJet tune...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does DJ list the ‘version’ or date of the tunes they have on the site?

I’m looking to take either the aa stage 2 or a DJ tune and tweak it for 5500+ elevation change with little else. Probably makes it .5 leaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The DynoJet tunes run in closed loop fueling using the o2 sensor for much of the rev range. They should handle altitude changes pretty well. Most of the aftermarket tunes run open loop and benefit from adjustment for altitude.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The DynoJet tunes run in closed loop fueling using the o2 sensor for much of the rev range. They should handle altitude changes pretty well. Most of the aftermarket tunes run open loop and benefit from adjustment for altitude.
That seems retarded, why would they build a tune like that? It sounds like they're ignoring afr if it can't correct for altitude? I plan on getting a tune in the near future and have been looking around, within a 45 minute drive of my house I could be riding at 2000ft elevation or 11,000ft. It sounds like I'd have to have multiple tunes and constantly changing them depending on where I'm going because the tune is incapable of adjusting itself?

·
Registered
81 Posts
That seems retarded, why would they build a tune like that? It sounds like they're ignoring afr if it can't correct for altitude? I plan on getting a tune in the near future and have been looking around, within a 45 minute drive of my house I could be riding at 2000ft elevation or 11,000ft. It sounds like I'd have to have multiple tunes and constantly changing them depending on where I'm going because the tune is incapable of adjusting itself?
The factory setup is based around a narrow band o2 sensor. It can only read an AFR of 14.7. When you are tuning for more power, you generally want to run a richer mixture. Thus open loop.

I'm not really sure why tuners run rich at low load / RPM. I'd love someone to explain it to me.

Once the motor is spun up enough to get the turbo making positive pressure, it can compensate for the altitude. There is a barometric multiplier it uses to control the wastegate, so open loop is fine up top.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If interested, i have a PV-25001, the original DynoJet tuner and mounting bracket for sale. It does everything the PV3 does but a different screen. It has a great custom built tune from DynoJet. I can send pictures to your phone or email.
My custom built map from DJ runs great with no pinging or codes on 91 octane at Glamis on a very hot weekend. Then I spent $$$.xx for a tune from a well known tuner and I can't tell much difference.
As far as altitude, the X3 computer should adapt for that.

Reactions: snivilous

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
the oem o2 only works at idle and under 2000
rich tunes are safe tunes
12.5 afr is close to max power afr near max torque rpms
with wimpy 91 you cant make any real power
dump in a bottle of octainium and let her eat

Reactions: Ledfoot

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I've got another question. Will the tune turn the intercooler fan on or do i have too add an override switch? And if i need a switch would it hurt anything to run the fan on axillary power so when the car is running the fan is on?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got another question. Will the tune turn the intercooler fan on or do i have too add an override switch? And if i need a switch would it hurt anything to run the fan on axillary power so when the car is running the fan is on?
My Whalen speed tune Turns it on once it sees boost and stays on untill you come to a stop

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 X3 Turbo
16 Posts
Whalen all the way, I’m getting ready to put the WS170 on my 2018 turbo. Great customer support and answer all your questions and prompt call backs.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts