Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
After a bunch of research considering EVO, AA, KMS for my 18.5 X3 RSR I went with Whalen WS170/PV3. Bought it through Trevor/Peak Off Road who was top notch with customer service getting me PV3 at a great price and answering questions.

Logged in to the ECU for my specific car, emailed my data to John in the evening, had the tune specific to my car back by early the next morning. Ran the tune sent data logged the performance and he reviewed and had it back in less then 24 hrs once again.
Responded to my emails very promptly.

Added a catch can. So far my machine is running great and strong!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Awesome, I'm sure it will serve you well.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The op asked for experience and opinions he gave his . Then you don’t agree and have to go into a big paragraph of what your opinion is. State your experience and opinion and move on don’t get on someone else because you don’t like their opinion. WTH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pot call the kettle black much? Your doing the same thing only you offered nothing to the OP. Since you didnt offer your experience or opinion why dont you take your on advise and move on and not post only to get on me because you dont like my opinion WTH?

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Pot call the kettle black much? Your doing the same thing only you offered nothing to the OP. Since you didnt offer your experience or opinion why dont you take your on advise and move on and not post only to get on me because you dont like my opinion WTH?
You didn’t post an opinion . Lol only a smart ass reply about you doing your research. Which I why you got the response you did. I’ve got evo stage 2 and it’s ok. When I buy another it will be Whalen speed. So now you have my opinion

·
Registered
692 Posts
looking for experience with putting a tune on my car. It is a 2020 base turbo 120hp. I have the bigger fuel pump, intercooler off a 2020 195hp, and a set of evo lines. Im looking for advice on if i should have the ecu flashed or if i should buy a tuner to do it my self. Then the next problem is witch one to go with. I would like to see what people like and dislike and why.
Thanks
I had the original dynojet then transitioned to the pv3 when it became available. .

I have 4 tunes from A.A. and they have worked great.

I have one tune on pump and three on various levels of race fuel.

I have it mounted on the dash with Mega's mount for easy access. Tim
If interested, i have a PV-25001, the original DynoJet tuner and mounting bracket for sale. It does everything the PV3 does but a different screen. It has a great custom built tune from DynoJet. I can send pictures to your phone or email.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
i perfer the older PV its smaller than the pv3

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
641 Posts
You didn’t post an opinion . Lol only a smart ass reply about you doing your research. Which I why you got the response you did. I’ve got evo stage 2 and it’s ok. When I buy another it will be Whalen speed. So now you have my opinion

Wow you're special, try reading post 5

·
Registered
641 Posts
On a serious note without either of being smartasses, why are you changing tuners? Most who have used evo have been pleased

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
I’ve had evo on 3 different buggies. My current x3 has had some intermittent issues. Misfire stuff and rough idle. After going over everything myself and my dealer could think of we flashed ecu back to stock , ran it for a couple wkends. It ran fine. So we reflashed back to stage 2 ran fine for a while then same thing happened . So back to stock with new ecu and then flashed again to stage 2 and it will run great as long as I run it every week. If it sits for more than 5-6 without at least running it down the road runs like shit. Runs good when it’s flashed to stock. So I figure next time I’ll go a different route probably Whalen .

·
Registered
641 Posts
Makes sense to me, didnt EVO offer to try and fix the issue? Customer service in this industry is a must. In my quad days I was always impressed with the customer service from Racers Edge az

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I can say I have nothing but great dealings with EVO. My car has had the MapX tuner on it since the earliest of days. So I have gone through the trials and tribulations of a new plat form. As new updates and higher power tunes have come out they were always quick to get me what I needed. Always called me back or answered my emails. Now early on it wasn’t same day due to all the testing they were doing.

With that said I do feel they have gotten a bit arrogant, maybe that isn’t the right wording, but the prices are getting a bit out of hand. But R&D takes money so it’s probably justified.

I just wish the tuner could be used across different tuners. Once married to EVO your there unless you want to cough up more cash for a Pv3.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
evo wont tell you this but their tunes are customizeable and shareable
you must buy the logging kit $450 the afr kit $200 and a map edit licence $300
from maptune to edit tunes, dont believe evo sells the edit licence
these cost extra on top of the tuning licence and the mapunerx
the mapune system does everything (and more) the pv3 system does, but just cost much more

·
Registered
908 Posts
I run the AA stage 3 tune on pump gas, great power, used they're clutch kit also. Mike at AA has been great answering my questions when I was on the fence for tune levels etc...

Bought the PV3 from them. I also like that I have 2 downloaded tunes from Dynojet as well as the stock tune in there. The ones from Dynojet I haven't even tried since the AA tune has been so much fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you have time to burn load the pv3 included tune. Would love to hear a comparison. Have t been able to find much info on the included tunes compared to one of the tuners.
Mike

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have time to burn load the pv3 included tune. Would love to hear a comparison. Have t been able to find much info on the included tunes compared to one of the tuners.
Mike
The included PV3 tunes are decent, but they are aggressive on timing. I was getting knock detection on 91 octane at Glamis when I tried it last year.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've heard the included tunes are ok for a mild gain, but don't compare to a tune from a tune shop. That is a good warning about the aggressive timing.
Another heads up, Dynojet releases device updates for the PV3 as well. Probably check it once or twice a year to see if there's a device update, as well as updated Dynojet tunes...

21 - 40 of 54 Posts